Talk

Advanced search

Those that send the presents away for Santa to wrap and deliver ....

(4 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 10-Dec-10 15:50:31

How do you get around wrapping and giving out presents to other people and receiving them back? Do you make sure you always do it when the DC aren't around?

jenroy29 Fri 10-Dec-10 18:47:20

In our family we always had the system whereby Santa gives children some presents and family and friends give eachother presents. So when the kids get up in the morning Santa has been and left them each a pile that they then open. Obviously these are the presents that they have asked for in their letters.
Grandparents etc. who come round on Christmas day give the presents to the kids and they open them then and say Thank you.
The family and friends who we don't see on Christmas Day deliver their presents as and when, so they get put under the tree and the DCs open them after Christmas Dinner. Then after alot of nagging Thank you letters are sent just after New Year!
I've carried on this system because I think that it's important for the DCs to know where the gifts have come from rather than just Santa and that they should be grateful for what they get. Also it reduces the lies that we have to tell.

jewelsforxmasplease Fri 10-Dec-10 19:41:59

we do the same as above, santa does not bring ds, wii or bikes he brings small toys, treats etc to fill the stockings and the bigger presents are from mum and dad. when dd asked last yr why her friend got a bike from santa we just said that some children think every thing is from him but its not. i mean how can he fit millions of bikes on his sleigh??

nappyaddict Sat 11-Dec-10 17:51:53

jenroy We have always told DS who the presents come from but that FC wraps and delivers them. But now DS is 4 I think he will wonder why some people give presents to each other in person already wrapped IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: