Talk

Advanced search

DS scared of Santa - what to do?

(6 Posts)
blondemumma Fri 10-Dec-10 12:06:16

Sorry if's there's already a thread but I can't find one.

I'm wondering how to make Christmas fun for my DS, 3.5. He ran off when DH took him to see Santa in his grotto last week, and says he doesn't like him - or his reindeer shock

I want him to have the excitement of hanging up stockings for him and his baby brother and finding them full of little pressies in the morning. I was going to say these are from Father Christmas, but now not so sure!

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 10-Dec-10 12:22:06

he will be fine with gifts from santa

don't take him to see again this year

it's on a par with being afraid of clowns

<shudder>

StarExpat Fri 10-Dec-10 12:23:39

My DS is 2 and has hidden all of the santa tree ornaments. He did not like santa, either. But is visibly torn when we ask if santa should bring him presents for Christmas. grin

jeee Fri 10-Dec-10 12:25:35

My DD was terrified of Father Christmas when she was three (the fear lasted until her sixth christmas), but was still excited about him coming down the chimney. However, she was insistent she didn't want him in her room, so we simply put her stocking in the front room. She was happy, and our life was actually easier because we didn't have to sneak into her room with the stocking.

tomhardyismydh Fri 10-Dec-10 12:30:05

my dd was the same last year exactly same age as your ds.

she had total melt down last year xmas eve as she was so afraid, I had to promise to let her sleep in my bed, she fell asleep hysterical at 6pm. it was horrible she was still doing that catching breath sob in her sleep at around 8pm.

I had to take stockings down and pretend to put them out side as she told me she wanted santa to leave presents at the door step out side. I told her he would and id bring them in after he was gone and put them under the tree.

she refused to put him out any milk cookie etc but did put a carrot at the door for raindeers.

It was a shame totaly spoiled xmas eve for her but she was fine xmas morning oppening pressies. I would just go along with how he wants it to be and by morning he will have forgotten all about his fears, i expect.

tomhardyismydh Fri 10-Dec-10 12:48:34

I expect you will have the anti santa brigade along soon with a different perspective thou. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: