Talk

Advanced search

books for 2yr old boy?

(8 Posts)
flipflopper Fri 10-Dec-10 08:18:59

I need to buy a present for a friends ds, i was thinking books because i am not sure what toys he aready has, so need some book suggesions, pref something he is not likely to have already!
Thanks

megonthemoon Fri 10-Dec-10 08:25:25

any of the julia donaldson books (other than gruffalo as most 2yo seem to already have it!) - monkey puzzle is current fave with ds and he also loves room on the broom

my dad and my mum both by anthony browne

eric carle books like brown bear, brown bear

dh and i enjoy reading these, unlike many of ds's books which we find tedious! thomas the tank engine books are terrible, although ds does love them.

monkeysmama Fri 10-Dec-10 08:48:35

Good suggestions from Meg though I find a lot of LOs already have those books. There is a book called "Peanut" about a little monkey which comes with a little furry monkey that my dd has loved since she was little. "The Jolly Postman" is a bit hit with my 2.5yo. "Animal Bop" is a good bet - it has a cd with it too and has provided hours of fun in this house.

Tikkabillajive Fri 10-Dec-10 08:50:45

I agree - anything by Julia Donaldson, I never get fed up of reading them to my dcs. Her new one is called Zog and I have suggested it to my sister for ds.

Other ideas: Bob Man on the Moon by Simon Armitage, One Snowy Night by Nick Butterworth, Little Red Train by Benedict Blathwayt (there are a few in this series so maybe not the first one in case he has it), Cockatoos by Quentin Blake (which is hilarious!), any of the Alfie books by Shirley Hughes.

storminabuttercup Fri 10-Dec-10 10:54:41

how about oliver jeffers books? i love them!

aBrightStarWithFestiveWays Fri 10-Dec-10 10:57:33

My 2yo boy loves:

Click Clack Crocodile's Back
Miaow Said The Cow
Dig Dig Digging
Dr Meow's Big Emergency
Monkey Puzzle
The Great Dog Bottom Swap (this is a particular favourite with DH and I grin)

flipflopper Fri 10-Dec-10 14:32:02

thanks very much, i ordered the animal bop from amazon, thought it looked nice because it comes with a cd, and also a book called father christmas needs a wee!

britgirl4 Fri 10-Dec-10 14:34:50

'Big Blue Train' and 'Big Red Bath' - both by Julia Jarman and Adrian Reynolds. Both fab.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: