Talk

Advanced search

Gift Vouchers?

(6 Posts)
crabb Fri 10-Dec-10 02:58:19

Hi MN Hive Mind

I'm an Australian MNer and my eldest girl is moving to the UK in January. I'd like to organise some gift vouchers for her for Christmas, that she can use when she arrives - initially for warm clothing, then maybe for buying stuff to set up a flat. She's 27, and is heading to Cardiff or Bristol.

Can anyone suggest shops that would suit the needs above, which have gift vouchers I can purchase online from overseas? Would John Lewis be too middle-aged/expensive? Haven't lived in the UK for a long time so am out of touch with what's available/suitable.

crabb Fri 10-Dec-10 07:24:11

GoAwaySnow Fri 10-Dec-10 07:33:05

Dorothy Perkins/New Look/ Debenhams/Topshop? Hope that is some help.

healthyElfy Fri 10-Dec-10 08:55:16

Is there an Ikea in Cardiff? They are good for setting up home. John Lewis to a good economy range now, but I am not sure how they compare with Ikea.

M&S are middle of the range price wise but are good for a jumper or two, but as far as fashion goes I agree with GoAway, New Look is good for price. See also if there is a H&M in the area, again good for price.

CherryTheRedNosedMonster Fri 10-Dec-10 09:45:55

hi, for clothing i would say new look or topshop. for stuff for the flat, if you are looking at furniture and electricals, you will want argos, homebase or ikea

electricgem Fri 10-Dec-10 13:11:56

Hi, there is an ikea in both Birmingham and Cardiff and it's ideal for getting reasonably priced homewares.

For clothes, maybe Debenhams?? Or John Lewis as you said? Both have lots of concession brands within store for a range of ages, so she could still get high st fashion but would have a good choice (and failing that there is the home department still). They have both these stores (large ones too) in Cardiff - sorry don't know about Bristol . . .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: