Talk

Advanced search

Why is it so hard to get decent Xmas tree lights?!

(3 Posts)
ItalyLovingMummy Wed 08-Dec-10 17:13:15

We lost our decent tree lights when we moved house recently (or more to the point, I have a sneaking suspicion that DH took them to the tip by mistake) and can I find any decent replacements? What has happened to normal, static white fairy lights for xmas trees. Everything appears to be LEDs. I found some fairy lights in B&Q of all places, but it looked like they were phasing them out and so they were reduced to £9.99. I bought them and have put them on my tree and ok, they work, but they are so dull. I don't want garish lighting, but something that would make the baubles glisten/glitter and vaguely light up the tree would be good. Is it the same with lights everywhere? Is it an environment thing? We are pretty green in our house, but I am pretty p'd off that our bloody tree can't look nice, but mostly disappointed for my 2 year old DS as it just looks pants. Rant over.

taffetazatyousantaclaus Wed 08-Dec-10 18:35:04

I got some perfectly reasonable normal ones at John Lewis last year.

GrungeBlobPrimpants Wed 08-Dec-10 18:45:30

I've been buying fairy lights every other year for ages now because the bleedin' bulbs go and never last through to New Year. Ive had enough - I've now ditched them and converted to LEDs as they are much more reliable (I hope - this will only be second year of them!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now