Talk

Advanced search

How do you package your homemade (edible) gifts?

(13 Posts)
Ceolas Wed 08-Dec-10 15:27:37

I always use cellophane bags and curling ribbon but wondered what others use? I fancy a change smile

SpannerPants Wed 08-Dec-10 15:46:20

I'm going to get some cheap jars and put little cookies in them, then put a square of material around the top and tie with ribbon. Good for keeping things airtight

TheChewyToffeeMum Wed 08-Dec-10 15:48:55

Watching to see if anyone has any great ideas - I always go for the cellophane bags and ribbon too.

Ihopeyoudance Wed 08-Dec-10 17:31:52

What about using some of these free printable labels too?
blog.worldlabel.com/2010/christmas-labels-for-free -by-ink-tree-press.html

taffetazatyousantaclaus Wed 08-Dec-10 18:32:26

Jamie at Home has some divine wee Kilner style jars with duck egg blue lids, but they are really too good to give away!

Depends what you are giving away - cookies/biscotti I use cello bags with a silver base - need the base so you can pile them ontop of each other. I then tie with French striped ribbon or I have some lovely blue snowflake ribbon this year, and attach a tag so people know what they are.....
Marmalade/chutneys/compotes go in either Kilner jars or Bonne Maman jars with a circle of beautiful plain paper over the top, secured with an elastic band and covered in beautiful ribbon, again tied with tag.

I would def recommend getting the cello bags with the base, the biscuits look so much better.

DaisyFields Wed 08-Dec-10 18:38:47

Kilner jars bought wholesale with ribbon and brown paper luggage tags for my Christmas chocs.

SNOWmami Wed 08-Dec-10 18:45:08

Mostly in assorted jars with coordinating labels designed by moi, with a picture representative of the contents, font in colour to match picture, name of item, and a twee description (e.g. Sloe gin was 'made from sloes gathered by Umami, Um-boy and Um-dog' blush). YY to cello bags, mucho different, yet coordinating, ribbons. Made some panforte wrapped in little parcels of baking parchment, all rustic-like - was quite pleased with those.

Then all bundled together in a basket, swathed in fancy cello with gold swirlies on it (from florist supply shops on eBay), more ribbon, and attached contents list/ gift label.

This year everyone is getting DVDs grin

Ceolas Wed 08-Dec-10 18:49:42

Was thinking about florentines in addition to my usual tablet. Where do you get the bases for the bags, taffeta?

taffetazatyousantaclaus Wed 08-Dec-10 19:37:13

I buy the bags that already have them in - here scroll down to the ones with silver card bases

maggiethecat Wed 08-Dec-10 21:01:45

was thinking of putting baked biscuits in nice boxes but cannot find anything online - any suggestions?

posey Wed 08-Dec-10 21:09:21

I'm making chocolate squares and putting them in those celophane bags that have paper on the bottom, then into a gift box (I found some gorgous boxes in one of those shops that's like a £ shop but isn't!)

Ceolas Thu 09-Dec-10 08:53:15

maggie these are nice but a bit £££.

maggiethecat Thu 09-Dec-10 19:54:27

Don't want to spend so much. Think those Ikea jars might work out to be similar price and they get to keep jar.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: