Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a Barbie Puppy Swim School - London Mners needed

(20 Posts)
Babieseverywhere Wed 08-Dec-10 14:47:51

My DD1 biggest wish in the world is for a Barbie Puppy Swim school...bless her.

Being only £20 I stupidly told her Father Christmas would get this. This would of been her big present, alongside some excellent charity shop buys, chocolate and some craft stuff from the local cheap children craft shop...fab place and due to close next week .

I now have the money to buy it, to find out this is very popular toy and sold out nearly everywhere.

Yes, I know there are some on Ebay selling between £40/£50 but that is totally out of my budget.

Now my back up plan is to leave 4 year old DD a letter from Father Christmas explaining that the elves ran out of that particular toy but he'll save one in the shops just for her the week after.

However I understand from Argos that there are a few left in London and a couple in Kent and was wondering if there is a kind Mner willing to buy and post be one to make my DD's christmas. I can pay via Paypal or bank transfer.

Thanks In advance

OrangeMarmalade Wed 08-Dec-10 14:52:24

Any Use??

OrangeMarmalade Wed 08-Dec-10 14:53:13

Sorry just noticed it is out of stock. blush

Babieseverywhere Wed 08-Dec-10 14:55:44

It is out of stock at Tesco Direct, no more deliveries due until after Christmas, I rang them too ;)

Babieseverywhere Wed 08-Dec-10 16:39:23

Bump for the evening crowd

AnnieWinehouse Wed 08-Dec-10 16:45:32

where in London?

AnnieWinehouse Wed 08-Dec-10 16:50:35

have just checked all my local argoses, out of stock, sorry!

spacedog Wed 08-Dec-10 16:56:34

Walthamstow High Street Argos have 2 in stock to collect. I don't live near enough but someone else might?

AnnieWinehouse Wed 08-Dec-10 17:04:35

some on amazon but more expensive for some reason...

WentBlank Wed 08-Dec-10 17:04:46

Out of Stock in Finchley, Borehamwood and Woodgreen ....Sorry !!

WentBlank Wed 08-Dec-10 17:06:31

They have it in NEXT for £22

WentBlank Wed 08-Dec-10 17:08:28

Bugger sold out in next !!

Babieseverywhere Wed 08-Dec-10 17:11:51

Ohhh, Tesco rang they'll have some Friday in a local store near us. So fingers crossed, I'm sending DH at 5.30am on his way to work and hopefully he'll get one.

I have learnt my lesson, next year I will be cheerfully non commital until the toy is in our house.

Babieseverywhere Wed 08-Dec-10 17:15:58

For other people who are looking for this flipping fabled toy.

Sainsburys, Amazon, Toys R Us, Next are sold out.

Asda and Tesco are sold out on websites but some stores are getting sparse supplies which are selling out the moment they hit the shelves.

If you can afford the hike in prices you can buy on Amazon and Ebay...bastards.

Babieseverywhere Wed 08-Dec-10 17:17:09

Argos in Marble Arch, Kirby and some other places have stock in London.

Babieseverywhere Wed 08-Dec-10 19:15:06

I have found two !

My parents have kindly picking up one and when I am sure they have it, I'll cancel the other one for another child.

Yeah...next year...never say yes, say we'll see what FC brings you.

grin

WherecanIhide Wed 08-Dec-10 20:55:37

That is CUTE smile

jester68 Wed 08-Dec-10 21:14:26

I got my daughter hers from tesco for less than £10. They also had them in stock at the argos near me etc but I am in Gloucestershire so not much help to you. Amazon had them the other day for £25.00 which is slightly more than in the shops but not too bad.

Sorry not really much help, hope you find one for your daughter. Mine only asked for 3 things this year and that was one of them so could not really not get it lol xxxx

Oldjolyon Thu 09-Dec-10 22:00:04

Jester 68, whereabout in Glos are you? I'm near Ciren and desperate to get one for my DD.

lawzieh Mon 13-Dec-10 20:52:56

I found one in Asda superstore yesterday for £14. Could not find one online for less than £40. I would ring your local Asda or if you live anywhere near Nottingham, West Bridgford Asda had a couple left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now