Talk

Advanced search

How could I put fairy lights up in a room with no picture rail?

(10 Posts)
BigTillyMincepie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:06:20

We live in the ubiquitous Victorian London Terrace house, with picture rails everywhere but the kitchen. I love fairy lights and put them everywhere. This year I wanted to hang fairy lights in the kitchen too (we do have them on the window, but I wanted more round the ceiling.

So no wood to put any small hooks / mails etc into.

Any ideas?

ilovemountains Tue 07-Dec-10 13:11:50

Blu tac?

BigTillyMincepie Tue 07-Dec-10 13:20:46

Thanks, but I think they would just be too heavy for that.

I might give it a try though.

taintedsnow Tue 07-Dec-10 13:31:47

Masking tape?

girlywhirly Tue 07-Dec-10 13:36:11

You can get clear suckers with a hook for use on doors and windows, they might work on tiles and painted walls. Some are large enough to take the weight of a wreath. I don't know if they will work upside down on a ceiling, though. I think Homebase sell them.

There are stick on things for routing cables, but they are a bit more permanent, might be worth a try if you don't mind them staying put, look in diy stores.

CherryTheRedNosedMonster Tue 07-Dec-10 14:38:21

i have stuck mine to the ceiling with drawing pins. just push them into the ceiling

BigTillyMincepie Tue 07-Dec-10 15:57:24

Ooh gorlywhirly and cherry, I am going to try your suggestions! Drawing pins first, and if they don't work, I'll be going round to the DIY shop! I don't mind them being permanent because I'll want them again next year. Actually, maybe I should try them first, but its's absolutely freezng and I'm just thawing out after the school run smile

KnottyLocks Tue 07-Dec-10 16:07:12

These look just the job.

KnottyLocks Tue 07-Dec-10 16:08:16

They do bigger hooks too.

BigTillyMincepie Tue 07-Dec-10 20:43:15

They do look good, thanks!

I think I'll pop into the DIY shop tomorrow and see what they've got smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now