Talk

Advanced search

Can we do a Heston?

(9 Posts)
SkiingGardeningTwinklyBauble Tue 07-Dec-10 12:46:59

This pudding thing, with the orange in.

A Sussex pond pudding is a steamed pudding with a lemon in, so surely there must be some way to convert that method into a Christmas pudding with an orange in.

Anyone?

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 08-Dec-10 09:48:59

I was wondering about that. I don't like traditional christmas pudding at all, but did like the sound of Hestons.
We are in the UK this year grin and going to a friends house for lunch. Our job is the puddings and crackers. I did consider a pond pudding but would prefer to 'do a Heston'.

trumpton Wed 08-Dec-10 09:50:46

I think he candied his by simmering in sugared water then letting it cool . Think he did this 3 times to candy it all the way thro.

TheChewyToffeeMum Wed 08-Dec-10 09:51:27

Jamie Oliver does a chocolate steamed pudding with an orange inside - in Happy Days with JO.

RockinRobinBird Wed 08-Dec-10 09:52:25

According to the font of all knowledge my mum, the candying process takes ages, which is why they cannot get more out in time for Christmas.

thatsabloodybigtree Wed 08-Dec-10 10:39:12

Yes. That's right...saw it on Loose Women...(busy days indeed) Heston said that the orange candied-ing takes several weeks which is why they can't have any more in the shops in time for christmas. Then he shared his own personal pud with the Loose Women. It looked delicious.... sob

lucy101 Wed 08-Dec-10 10:41:12

Ladies - I posted this a few days ago - might help!

www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/christmas/8155014/How-t o-make-Hestons-must-have-Christmas-pudding.html

SkiingGardeningTwinklyBauble Wed 08-Dec-10 17:25:26

Ah! Thank you. Apologies for missing your thread.

That should do the trick, although she doesn't exactly rave about it!

NL3 Wed 08-Dec-10 17:38:02

http://www.lesfleurons-apt.com/spip.php?page=produ it&ref=6124&lang=en

I found this after I read the Telegraph story - think this might work and you should be able to get it in time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: