Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for an 11yr girl please!

(8 Posts)
IckleJess Mon 06-Dec-10 13:24:12

DD was 11 on Saturday and, as usual, most of the gift ideas I had for her have been used up for her birthday!

She loves books and has asked for a Kindle for Christmas which I have ordered and will put a few books on it for her. Other than that I am a little stuck. She likes jewellery too so may get some earrings etc as stocking fillers but I need to find something for MIL to get her and also from my Dad (they are both incapable of choosing anything themselves for any of my 4 children hmm They both spend around £30-£40 each.

So...ideas please? She's not overly girly, so apart from the usual CD's and smelies I'm a little stuck. She can't think of anything she really wants so has asked for surprises, help!

Litchick Mon 06-Dec-10 13:55:46

CDs?

My DD, loves music and is hoping for Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Joe McEldry albumns.

She also loves talking books which she downloads to her Ipod. The Deathly Hallows will go down well.

Slipper boots are cool. Lots of nice ones in Fat Face. Partner with any amount of fluffy brightly coloured sox.

Paperchase is also a good bet for diaries/journals/pens/stationary/pencil cases.

A phone case? Sweet little ones in all sorts of styles, again in Ppaerchase. Cheaper ones in Claires.

A nice washbag for sleepovers? Maybe fill with useful cosmetics - lip balm, body lotion,a new hairbrush.

UKcanuck Mon 06-Dec-10 14:00:15

Agree with the washbag idea -- I gave my 11yo one last year with lots of different wash items and cosmetics. Idea was to encourage her to wash with more attention -- she's not smelly grin but I thought as she started to approach puberty it would be a good idea to get more of a routine underway!

Does your daughter like cooking? Maybe a good cookbook, apron, baking set stuff (not the really childish ones) and even a box full of the ingredients she'd need to make a "something"?

Mine also wanted a mirror for her bedroom; and I saw some Tshirt grafitti pens on Hawkins Bazaar that looked like they'd be fun.

HTH!

snice Mon 06-Dec-10 14:02:59

my daughter has asked for a bean bag for her bedroom-nice to slump in and read books?

BelligerentGhoul Mon 06-Dec-10 18:04:42

If she loves books, how about asking your dad to start her a library of classics, in book form not Kindle? Maybe things like I Capture The Castle, Animal Farm, some poetry?

New duvet etc for her bedroom?

Art stuff?

Litchick Tue 07-Dec-10 10:22:37

Lovely alarm clock in Letterbox that I'm ordering for DD.
It lights up in four colours...called the Aurora Touch Clock.

SerendipityAlways Tue 07-Dec-10 12:59:51

Litchick - could you provide a link for the clock, sounds great! Thank You!

Adair Tue 07-Dec-10 13:11:29

clock cheaper here
Bought one years ago for sil (who was 14 or so) - went down well

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: