Talk

Advanced search

Would it be terrible not to do Christmas cards this year?

(15 Posts)
Iwasthefourthwiseman Sat 04-Dec-10 16:22:26

I have a 2 month old who won't be put down, a 3 year old & still have loads of presents to make for Christmas.

I can't see how I am going to have time to buy any cards, let alone write them. Could I just send an ecard?

toddlerama Sat 04-Dec-10 16:23:56

We never do them. As long as you are consistent, nobody cares! Free yourself!! grin

pud1 Sat 04-Dec-10 16:24:28

never do them. they are a waste of time money and energy

earwicga Sat 04-Dec-10 16:25:39

Nope! Gave up on doing them years ago. Apart from the sodding ones at school from the kids.

pud1 Sat 04-Dec-10 16:28:35

i do live in hope that people would get the message and not send them to me but i still get the annoying dust,collecting fuckers

Iwasthefourthwiseman Sat 04-Dec-10 16:39:59

I'm so relieved! DH will complain though, his family might complain, but if he's that bothered he can do them.

I hardly have time to do anything at the moment, I'm damned if I'm going to spend what little I do have writing and addressing cards.

moondog Sat 04-Dec-10 16:46:52

I haven't bothered in years except to one or two folk.Very liberating.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 04-Dec-10 16:47:45

I will send a card to three friends and the rest of it - either DH does them or I'm not, I'm fed up of it. It's not like they are appreciated. 90% of the recipients go 'oh shit now I've got to do whomovedmychocolate a card gah!'

maryfarquhar Sat 04-Dec-10 16:50:33

I might not do them this year. I currently have a whole day to myself as DH has gone out with the DCs. If I haven't done them today I can't see them being done at all as I've just agreed to work full time for the next two weeks.

DuffyMoon Sat 04-Dec-10 17:03:12

I havent sent any for about 3 years - t'is great grin

FairyArmadillo Sat 04-Dec-10 17:12:20

Only a handful send them and I appreciate it if it's family or friends doing the photo-card thing with their kids. I used to fork out for cards and postage but now I just do a festive Facebook update and texts for those not on there.

Stopped 10 years ago, asked people not to send then too. Ds isn't allowed to do do them either grin <heartless cow emoticon>

mugggletoeandwine Sat 04-Dec-10 21:28:02

I have one child, she's 9, I work 3 days a week only in school hours.
I'm not doing cards.
Waste of money and paper and I tell people this, even if they've sent me a card.

Numberfour Sun 05-Dec-10 00:53:44

I have been humming and haaing over this, too. It is an expense we can well do without, and although I am not very green, it is an awful waste of paper and postage.

So, that's it then: phone calls to special ones, fb and email wishes to the rest!

WHEW! grin

reddaisy Sun 05-Dec-10 09:37:06

I send them to friends and family that we only really keep in touch with at Christmas. Could you get a small packet and send one to people who have sent you one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now