Talk

Advanced search

Smaller toys for a 9 year old girl

(11 Posts)
Dexterrocks Fri 03-Dec-10 23:49:28

I like to put a few things in my dcs stockings that they haven't asked for. I have been gradually gathering things for my dd but I am struggling for a couple of smaller toys (around the £10 mark). I can only think of Playmobil, Lego, Sylvanian and Littlest Pet Shop. I would really like to surprise her with a different toy.
She will be getting books, craft things, dvd, board games, console games from various people so it is a proper "toy" that I am after.
Any suggestions anyone?

cece Fri 03-Dec-10 23:58:05

My DD is 9 and loves;

Sylvanian
LPS
Playmobil
Gogos
Beanie Bears
Dr Who
Hama beads

So not much help really, as you already have most of those on your list.

Just as an aside, do you really spend £10 on something to put in her stocking ? shock

My DD's main present cost £20! Admittidly it was half price but we usually buy little things for stockings like,

jar of chocolate spread
mini cans of lemonade
new toothbrush
tube toothpaste

well you get the idea!

Dexterrocks Sat 04-Dec-10 00:05:28

We don't put very much at all in her stocking as she gets so much from friends and family and she will get a main gift from us. I would put a £10 gift in her stocking though, maybe 2 of them, in amongst the choc coins, satsuma, red apple and bubble bath.

cece Sat 04-Dec-10 00:05:43

Sorry not meaning to be rude, just curious...

I overheard some mums at school talking about their christmas shopping and they had spent so much I was really shock. Or maybe my DC are hard done by! LOL

Dexterrocks Sat 04-Dec-10 00:17:04

I think it varies a lot from family to family.
We also live in a very wealthy area so my dc always look quite hard done by compared to their friends. I have a limit though and stick to it. I don't think it does them any favours to try to keep up.
I do try to make sure their gifts are good quality and something that will be used for a long time though.

snice Sat 04-Dec-10 00:35:19

how about 20Q

tummytickler Sat 04-Dec-10 09:19:21

Those 20Q 's are great, my 9 year old dd loves hers.

DanZZZenAroundTheTreeAgain Sat 04-Dec-10 09:21:44

things to put in her hair, badges to put on clothes/bags, sparkly stickers?

ragged Sat 04-Dec-10 09:31:47

9yo DD wants another Schleich horse but she has too many already imo! In her stocking, DD has a load of balloons, a charm bracelet and Jacqueline Wilson Top Trumps.

She wants an iPod shuffle, not a chance of that, though. grin

gillybean2 Sat 04-Dec-10 10:18:45

Not sure how big her stocking is (ds has a sack shaped stocking so much easier to squish things in)

How about some of those novelty plasters, such as these:
www.yellowmoon.org.uk/product-Ouch!-Kiss-it-Better -Plasters-G959.htm

Craft items (small cross stitch or similar) along these lines
www.crossstitchuk.com/ProductList.aspx?SubCat=22

Or a nice jewellry box, lots of different kinds available such as these
www.diamondkids.co.uk/jewelboxlist.asp

or fun stuff like this:
www.lakeland.co.uk/chocolate-snowman-lolly-kit/F/k eyword/lolly/product/42552
or this
www.fredaldous.co.uk/product_513020217.htm along with some cheap plain white t-shirts or shopping bags etc to use it on
www.yellowmoon.org.uk/product-Design-a-Shoulder-Ba g-M798.htm

Otherwise hawkins bazaar is a good place for stocking filler stuff
www.hawkin.com/rkMain.asp?PAGEID=36841

Dexterrocks Sat 04-Dec-10 10:54:35

Ragged Schleich is a fantastic idea - I had forgotten about that. Thank you! Just the sort of thing I was after.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: