Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else a bit exhausted with it all already?

(4 Posts)
Guitargirl Fri 03-Dec-10 18:33:56

It's only Dec 3rd and I think I might have peaked too soon!

It's not as though I have much left to do but am knackered! I work full-time - albeit very flexibly so that means I work a lot at night once the kids are asleep. I also study part-time.

Have done most of the shopping just a few things to get and food. Have wrapped nearly everything. Put the tree and decorations up today and ran around like a lunatic to get it done before DCs got home as a surprise. Spent this afternoon doing Christmas craft stuff with the DCs.

Both the DCs have January birthdays which means organising all that and their party, etc. DCs are going to be 4 and 2.

Am just knackered. I just snapped at DP and he was a bit hmm but I feel as though am running on empty most of the time. I love Christmas and I want it to be all happy and relaxed but am just finding it so stressful this year...sad

biglips Fri 03-Dec-10 18:36:06

have a hot shower/bath and an early night tonight and you'll feel much better tmrw. Sorry thats the only advice ive got when i feel like that at times.

taffetazatyousantaclaus Fri 03-Dec-10 18:59:16

The expectation is huge though, isn't it. Its helped me this year to keep saying to myself that it isn't going to be a perfect, magical Christmas as it doesn't need to be. It will be good enough. You may feel like a weight has been lifted if you in fact let a few things slip.

<chants that to self again>

Having said all that, I was on track and then we got snowed in and both the DC are ill. hmm

<chanting again>

Guitargirl Fri 03-Dec-10 22:09:39

Yes, I think it's the expectation - although it's all from me. DP certainly doesn't expect anything, in fact he thinks I'm mad. And the DCs are too young to expect anything. I think it doesn't help that I have some big deadlines at work looming.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: