Talk

Advanced search

Hand made x-mas decorations

(5 Posts)
Marne Thu 02-Dec-10 17:51:12

Hi, is anyone making their own decorations this year? I'm looking for ideas grin, i am trying to make some christmas bunting with red fabric but can't get to the fabric shop to get some ribbon to finish it (due to snow). What other bits can i make?

soppypreggyloon Thu 02-Dec-10 17:58:07

I'm knitting teeny stockings and plan on making a felt/ photo type decoration of a pic of Ds from his first christmas last year.
Me and Ds played with salt dough and tried to makesome using cutters- looks bit squished and have dried funny so they may just go in bin.
I like home made but I don't like messy so salt dough is on thin ice!

GraceK Thu 02-Dec-10 18:04:46

We make Nigella Christmas biscuits (I think they're in Feast) & smell divine & hang on the tree. Also planning on trying to make some stain glass biscuits with crushed melted boiled sweets in the middle - though the kids will probably eat most of the 'glass' before we can use it.

Also goiong to make a bog roll angel for the top of the tree (my parents are still using mine) - you need a bog roll, a ping pong ball for the head, doillies for the frock & wings plus wool for hair. They never fall off as the tree goes inside the bog roll.

Marne Thu 02-Dec-10 18:07:36

Wish i could knitt envy

I might have a go at making some biscuits for the tree, dd2 will eat them so i will have to hang them high up grin.

Loving the bog roll angel grin.

PaisleyLeaf Thu 02-Dec-10 18:11:12

I like to use all the evergreens, ivy buds, tweezles etc - but it's all covered in snow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now