Talk

Advanced search

Christmas wrongness

(12 Posts)
glitterkitty Thu 02-Dec-10 17:22:20

Just been to our local shopping centre. Blue fairy lights. Purple/lilac/pink GIANT balls hanging from ceiling. Sorry but XMAS FAIL.

Tell me your stories/ spottings of Chrismas wronness....

scurryfunge Thu 02-Dec-10 17:23:42

I thought Santa on a jet ski was very wrong on holiday one year.

5GoldenFimbos Thu 02-Dec-10 17:25:11

Ds's school nativity being based on storybook characters. He is daddy bear.

AnyFuleSno Thu 02-Dec-10 17:25:32

I was driving through town after dark with dd and went on the route of the christmas lights so she could see them. She's just young enough to be impressed, it's not exactly las vegas. She started shouting 'A CARROT mummy!'. I looked at where she was pointing, and sure enough the lights were in the shape of a massive christmas...carrot! How festive grin

glitterkitty Thu 02-Dec-10 17:26:37

Daddy bear actually made me LOL.... [GRIN]

Marne Thu 02-Dec-10 17:54:06

My local garden center has a huge x-mas desplay/shop, lots of lovely themes (different theme is each room) but one of the themes is the beach and fish hmm (shells, deck chairs and bright fish), surely x-mas is about snow and robins?

glitterkitty Thu 02-Dec-10 18:03:05

Seaside is just wrong. As is black & white flock theme, teal blue & black, in fact black per se is just not christmassy.

<gavel>

LutyensBravesTheSnow Thu 02-Dec-10 20:15:42

Our local independant gift shop is selling Christmas Eggs...ceramic egg-shaped boxes (to keep jewellery in, I assume) painted in festive colours. I get confused every time I pass the window display, surely eggs are for Easter?

LolaLadybird Thu 02-Dec-10 22:27:09

I was in Yeovil one year at Christmas where one of the big employers is Westlands who make helicopters. Lo and behold one of the Christmas lights was a big lit up helicopter.

Christmas starting too early is also hugely wrong in my opinion - one house in our village had a Christmas wreath on their door last week (it was still November ffs!).

girlywhirly Fri 03-Dec-10 08:21:14

Went up to London with DH work to see a show in London close to one Christmas. We went by coach, and on the way home the driver took us around Oxford St and Regent see the lights. Orange lights, naff ones at that, because they were sponsored by a fizzy drink manufacturer. Utterly un-Christmassy.

TheYuleLogLady Fri 03-Dec-10 08:32:33

about a hundred years ago when i was young the town i lived in had new chrstma decs

someone decided that they needed updating so instead of the big christmas tree we had............

A Large U.F.O / flying saucer shock hmm confused

Apparently it was the spaceship Father Christmas used. confused shock hmm

Anyway. 3 days after it was put up and the locals had done their hmm confused shockfaces while standing around looking at it we had a big storm and the UFO crashed to the ground and broke.

It was never repaired and the next year we got our tree back grin

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 03-Dec-10 08:39:29

A department store in Bangkok had a huge pyramid shaped tenty affair with a woman inside it. The tent shaped thing was her skirt. This poor individual's job was to stand there all day. A living sculpture type thing. Very bizzare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now