Talk

Advanced search

What do I want for Christmas?

(16 Posts)
Runoutofideas Thu 02-Dec-10 12:17:04

Family keep asking me what I'd like for Christmas and I am being completely clueless. Bearing in mind I am 35 years old, overweight, generally slightly chotic mother of two young children, with no specific hobby what would you buy me? I'm hoping for some ideas I can pass on......please!

Seona1973 Thu 02-Dec-10 12:26:10

a watch, slippers, smellies, perfume, jewellery, books, cds, dvds, ipod, camera, underwear, etc

worm77daisy Thu 02-Dec-10 12:36:04

posh moisturiser, snuggly jumper, boots, electric toothbrush, hairdryer, posh bed linen, kitchen gadget... have a look on the not on the high street christmas guides..

Runoutofideas Thu 02-Dec-10 12:44:32

Chotic should have been chaotic not psychotic by the way!
Thanks for these so far... (apart from underwear - no way am I telling anyone what size to buy!!)
I think part of my "problem" is that I have just had my birthday, so have received quite a few of the list recently anyway - I know - it's a tough life!

alegre Thu 02-Dec-10 12:46:31

I had/have this problem too, then just thought about stuff that I would buy for myself if I had the money.

A camera, a coat, a handbag, posh moisturiser, books,jumper...

I'm very happy to receive gift vouchers but some people think it's a cop out giving vouchers and would rather buy something 'concrete'.

pipplin Thu 02-Dec-10 14:00:53

Buggy gloves and a buggy organiser. Echo the above really.

gillybean2 Thu 02-Dec-10 14:23:33

An ironing service.

Lancelottie Thu 02-Dec-10 14:29:00

A skip.

Lancelottie Thu 02-Dec-10 14:29:28

(Sorry, that's just what I could use most at the moment!)

orangina Thu 02-Dec-10 14:30:26

gym membership or sessions w personal trainer.

(I say that as that's what I would like as a slightly overweight frazzled (slightly older) working mother of two young children....)

Thinking about it, definitely personal trainer. Gym membership would rely on my own motivation (sadly lacking atm....)

Runoutofideas Thu 02-Dec-10 15:52:22

Ha ha - thanks!
Skip would actually be very useful.
Already have gym membership - maybe I need a cattle prod to actually get me to use it!

mycomment Fri 03-Dec-10 20:15:20

Funny that each christmas and birthday people ask me what I want / struggle to find some inoffensive thing to purchase, when there are actually loads of things I'd love, but which I won't get and can't ask for - I only mention because you sound a bit like me runoutofideas...

So I would like:
a handyman for a few hours (can you get vouchers?) for all those niggly little jobs around the house that never get done, an evening's babysitting or being cooked for, a cleaner for a couple of hours, or an accountant, personal trainer, personal shopper..., a lift to ikea, something written for me like a short story, a thoughtful mix cd, or other homemade handmade especially-made gift.
OK you get the idea.
Any of those any good for you?

Dexterrocks Fri 03-Dec-10 21:20:19

A night out?
A massage or facial?
A Pandora or London Links bracelet so the family can add to it every birthday and Christmas and don't have to ask what to get you?
A very lovely pair of boots you would never spend the money on yourself?
Lovely cosy winter pjs?
A voucher for Next/Monsoon/insert favourite clothes shop here?
Theatre tickets?

Runoutofideas Fri 03-Dec-10 21:55:23

Thanks - there are some really good suggestions there. I'd love theatre/meal out/night away etc, or someone to redesign my garden, but it seems a bit expensive to actually ask for - same goes for the nice boots really....One of those top to bottom house cleans would be fantastic though - although can't see anyone getting very keen to buy me that - they've seen the state of my house and will think it'll cost a fortune!

taffetazatyousantaclaus Sat 04-Dec-10 14:06:55

A friend and are clubbing together to get our mutual friend a cleaner for 2 hours, as she is always going on about how awful it is behind her radiators ( yes, I know ).

So the cleaner has strict instruction on where to concentrate. grin

Runoutofideas Sat 04-Dec-10 14:35:30

Good idea - mine is awful in front of the radiators though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: