Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy stockings like these - but cheaper?

(11 Posts)
bytheMoonlight Thu 02-Dec-10 11:49:10

Love these stockings

Traditional and personalised.

But cannot afford to spend £40 on two, is there anywhere that does similar but cheaper?

HollyBollyBooBoo Fri 03-Dec-10 03:25:21

I did quite a lot of searching around for personalised stockings and have to say £20 is probably the cheapest - I paid £22.

The only thing I though of afterwards was somehow customising one myself, especially if you know someone who has one of those fancy sewing machines that embroiders names.

BarbaraWindsor Fri 03-Dec-10 12:21:12

wow, thankyou for linking to these. They are so beautiful - have just ordered some smile

I hope you manageto find some cheaper elsewhere but fwiw I think they are a really good price, for the work that's gone into them. (Not sure if a machine could actually do needlepoint like that? So I reckon it's hand stitched. probably.!)

LatteLady Fri 03-Dec-10 12:44:34

It says on the stockings that they are hand stitched. It would be really easy to get a stocking and embroider names on them - a couple of hours, if that. If you are not confident enough to do it, how about another member of your family?

LatteLady Fri 03-Dec-10 12:50:53

Have just gone back on there to take another look - the actual name is definitely sewn by machine and the tapestry work is done by hand.

Just had another thought, if you have a local school outfitters who make labels, they might be persuaded to embroider onto a stocking for you.

BarbaraWindsor Fri 03-Dec-10 13:53:20

I suddenly noticed it said hand stitched after I had posted! blush

However I think it's the needlepoint that would take ages to do, the embroidered name wouldn't take too long even by hand.

Have ordered two with names and one without.

BarbaraWindsor Fri 03-Dec-10 17:16:13

Sorry, there I am bleating on about having ordered them which is totally not helpful.

I'm really sorry to be such an eejit.
I only really posted to say thanks for linking, because I'd been looking for some. I didn't mean to come across like that.

I had a look on ebay and they had these which I think are gorgeous. Also these and these which are really nice too.

Sorry for being an insensitive twit earlier. I didn't think and hope I didn't piss you off too much. blush

BarbaraWindsor Fri 03-Dec-10 17:34:19

TKMaxx is also definitely worth a shot. They had loads of similar style stockings the other day.

Good luck.

mycomment Fri 03-Dec-10 18:50:13

Why are the all the children lucky enough to have personalised stockings called Lucas?!

overmydeadbody Sat 04-Dec-10 15:40:23

Could you sew your own?

I have sewn stockings for the kids with their names appliqued onto them.

BarbaraWindsor Sun 05-Dec-10 14:24:37

I did that last year OMDB. Which is why I need new ones grin

My sewing is dreadful.

It's a lovely idea though if you have the skills!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now