Talk

Advanced search

I need your help! Where can I get these SWEETS?

(14 Posts)
FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Tue 30-Nov-10 12:32:03

When I was a child (I'm 24 next week) my grandma always used to get a box of sugared jelly sweets, they were like little slices of orange and lemon, complete with rind/peel. They were so yummy and as the only child I always got the special round sweet in the middle

But as an adult I have never found them anywhere the closest I've got is a tub of mini ones for decorating cakes.

I thought York Fruits were them a few years ago but they are just boring generic sweets.

Sigh. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Tikiinasantahat Tue 30-Nov-10 12:33:05

I have seen them in poundland in the past - not this year but it might be worth a try.

NoahAndTheWhale Tue 30-Nov-10 12:34:42

I think I know the sort you mean. I think they might be in places like wilkinsons or maybe poundland type places? Superdrug might have had them in the past <tries to recall details from the past grin>

mememe30 Tue 30-Nov-10 12:35:26

TESCO have them..

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Tue 30-Nov-10 12:36:31

Ooh! We have a huge poundland.

Mememe do you know roughly what the tesco ones are called? I will search the website.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 30-Nov-10 12:41:12

I remember the boxes of candied orange and lemon slices, were they called "Orchard Fruits" or some such?

nameymcnamechange Tue 30-Nov-10 12:43:52

Our milkman sells them! No kidding. They are in the catalogue of extra things you can order for Christmas, along with York Fruits and double cream and big bottles of lemonade.

I think he is DairyCrest - do you have them round your way? Have you got a friend or neighbour who has their milk delivered?

kys Tue 30-Nov-10 12:44:14

They had these in wilkinsons.

MadreInglese Tue 30-Nov-10 12:44:29

this is my local fab sweet shop, I'm sure I've seen them there

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Tue 30-Nov-10 12:53:11

YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!

Thanks - I used to get deliveries from milk&more which iirc is part of Dairy Crest, so I'll dig out my info and order some!

Thanks all. Now I'll see if I can find some of the more unusual ones (I remember having watermelon and grapefruit ones)

mememe30 Tue 30-Nov-10 12:55:55

I think they're just called orange and lemon slices but can't seem to find them on the website. I bought some a few weeks ago.

mememe30 Tue 30-Nov-10 12:56:36

Ah I see you've found some. Enjoy

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Tue 30-Nov-10 12:57:07

Ah well I just searched on the asda site and found some - which is odd as I've never seen them in store! Yay

FellatioNelson Tue 30-Nov-10 16:21:49

Most supermarkets do sell them but only at Christmas - they are considered strictly christmas fare for some reason confused along with turkish delight, cheesy footballs and boxes of dates with the little fork!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now