Talk

Advanced search

Santa has been asked to bring X Factor tickets - but all sold out!! HELP!!

(14 Posts)
SerendipityAlways Tue 30-Nov-10 10:56:35

Santa was asked to bring X Factor tickets for the live shows in February 2011 in Dublin. But all tickets are sold out!! Tried to tactfully break the news to DD aged 10 on Sunday night, she burst into tears and said and I quote "But I believe in Santa and he can do anything.."! I've tried everything, rang the local record shop asked re returns etc but no joy.

Well obviously Santas well and truly stuffed on this one - does anyone have any useful advice to offer, or by any remote chance know where I could pick up a couple of tickets? Only individual tickets left which is obviously not suitable for a young child.

sweetheart Tue 30-Nov-10 11:23:58

try Ebay - I buy lots of tickets from there and have never had a bad experience. Failing that - knock up your own version of tickets on your pc to buy yourself a couple of months to actually find some....?

SerendipityAlways Tue 30-Nov-10 12:01:34

Thanks sweetheart - I tried ebay and as of yet none available for sale in Dublin. But I am a regular ebayer so will keep checking it out. Hoping (desperately) that some may become available at the last minute...maybe Santa could leave a "note" saying he will try really hard even after Christmas to get some tickets...

Conscious also that this is probably my DD's last year of "believing" so really want to make this one special. Thank you!

KateEllis Tue 30-Nov-10 13:09:02

I got my daughter tickets from this site

looks like they still have some available for dublin - quite expensive though!

http://www.worldticketshop.com/tv_shows/x_factor_l ive_tickets/89068_x_factor_live_dublin

gregssausageroll Tue 30-Nov-10 17:03:53

Seatwave have a few left. Again a bit pricey though.

DrSeuss Tue 30-Nov-10 19:15:34

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/X-FACTOR-LIVE-TICKETS-/28059 6122924?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item4154d50d 2c

Other venues available. **ing expensive though!

SerendipityAlways Tue 30-Nov-10 19:25:16

Thanks so much, I hadn't heard of either seatwave or worldticketshop before - anyone ever use them before? Presume, apart from being expensive, they are legit?

SerendipityAlways Wed 01-Dec-10 09:40:23

Worldticketshop.com seem to have a bad rep, anyone have any experience of seatwave, they appear to be quite reputable, if not expensive (ouch!)?

DrSeuss Wed 01-Dec-10 10:39:11

So, ebay has a stack of them for various venues in the UK. Checked out flights. Dublin-Newcastle is about forty Euros with Ryan Air. Cork-Newcastle is possible with Jet2. There will be others that I haven't found. Why don't you cross reference tour dates with easyjet/jet2/ryanair etc? Expensive but the alternative looks grim!

gregssausageroll Wed 01-Dec-10 12:09:22

Seatwave I think are part of ticketmaster. May be google them first and see if there is any feedback. I've not used them before but I do know others who have for Take That next year.

SerendipityAlways Wed 01-Dec-10 12:39:19

Thanks Dr Seuss and Gregss for helpful advice - love the option of tying it in with flights etc - Regards smile

DrSeuss Wed 01-Dec-10 18:08:38

Don't know any of the other venues personally but Newcastle Airport is on a train line which will take you virtually to the venue and so is Manchester, I think.

Floozle Wed 01-Dec-10 18:20:07

Newcastle has also just added an extra date.

SerendipityAlways Thu 02-Dec-10 10:04:58

Thanks Floozle and Dr Seuss smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: