Talk

Advanced search

Christmas stocking fillers for babies/toddlers?

(7 Posts)
Sarahmum Mon 29-Nov-10 16:37:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Fluteyboots Mon 29-Nov-10 19:11:00

Ooh I just sorted out the contents of my 1yr old's stocking. He is getting a tangerine, some chocolate buttons (never had choc before, so that's exciting), a tiny board book, a squidgey ball, and a wind-up bath toy. Nothing that cost more than a couple of quid.

Suspect he might just play with the wrapping paper anyway

Sorry no websites, but maybe ideas are helpful? I got all this in supermarket and mother care.

horseymum Tue 30-Nov-10 20:37:32

babies do not need stockings! they are only for their parents - ok for a first baby though - I am currently trying to prevent relatives from giving dc 3 who is 4 months anything for christmas!

PonceyMcPonce Tue 30-Nov-10 20:41:47

Tooth brush
Character socks
Hairclip
Tiny Teddy
Hairbrush
Piece fruit
Baby handbag ( I used to knit them in funny colours)
Tiny books.

Babies in our family get stockings so that older children can see Santa treats them equally.

sweetkitty Tue 30-Nov-10 20:47:02

Socks
Wind up bath toy
Squidgy bath book
Bibs
Wee beaker and bowl set

Basically as he is no4 and his sisters need to c he gets something too

When DD3 was 5 months we got her all the weaning stuff she would need in a month

olivo Tue 30-Nov-10 21:25:30

horseymum - yuo have to give a baby a stocking if they've got an older sibling who 'believes'! My DD1 would be most upset if DD2 didnt get anything. My best buy (she is 15mo)is a set of bath crayons from mothercare;also bought some PP wax crayons from pound shop, socks, new hat and gloves, t-shirt and a couple of books.oh and chocolate buttons are obligatory!

lasy year, i got her weaning stuff, clothes, teether and a couple of toys; mainly stuff she'd have needed anyway.

oh, and they always get a toothbrush and sponge/face cloth!

Fluteyboots Tue 30-Nov-10 22:04:54

Ooh yes, and a toothbrush.

I don't think there's anything wrong with stockings for babies as long as they can enjoy it. My DS's favourite activity is hiding things in boxes and bags, then taking them out again. So t'will be right up his street!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now