Talk

Advanced search

Dressing up clothes

(4 Posts)
KateEllis Mon 29-Nov-10 11:49:30

My 5 yr old is obsessed with dressing up its absolutely her favourite thing to do. She loves playing imaginary games and doing little plays for us.

So this year I am getting her as her main present for xmas a dressing up box ( a very nice wooden box with her name on) and I want to fill it with dressing up things. She already has a few of the disney ones, so looking for something a bit different but really can't find much.I have found a dress from a charity shop and some shoes from disney store but any ideas where else does really good (and quite good quality as she lives in them sometimes!) dressing up dresses?

Takver Mon 29-Nov-10 12:05:53

It sounds like a lovely idea. I'd start by looking on ebay probably, lots of lovely stuff on there. As well as haunting charity shops, of course.

Tikkabillajive Mon 29-Nov-10 12:30:15

Lovely idea - my dd and ds are obsessed with dressing up too so a dressing up collection has been a great investment.

I have got quite a bit from Ebay. There is a company called Dress Up By Design/Travis Designs who do beautiful princess and fairy dresses which are expensive but last really well (ours have been through the wash several times and still look lovely!) so look out for them on Ebay too.

I still miss Woolworths - they used to do such fab cheap dressing up outfits.

KateEllis Mon 29-Nov-10 12:51:31

Thanks for the replies! I cannot believe I didn't think of ebay!

I also had a look at the Dress up by design company and wow!!
This is exactly the sort of things I'm after, I have found quite alot of them on ebay too!
At this rate I will need a bigger box!
Thanks for the ideas!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: