Talk

Advanced search

I will not be doing any Christmas food shopping before 20 Dec....

(8 Posts)
strandedatseasonsgreetings Sat 27-Nov-10 16:11:29

....there will still be food left in the shops, right? Including something to roast?

strandedatseasonsgreetings Sat 27-Nov-10 19:57:23

Am I talking to myself? Is it because you are all out buying all the food? (or are you all at the MN meetup?)

MsSparkle Sat 27-Nov-10 19:59:27

I think you would have to order a turkey before then but veg and other stuff you can Xmas week.

strandedatseasonsgreetings Sat 27-Nov-10 20:01:36

Thanks - don't want a veggy Christmas (we fly into the UK morning of 20th dec), but don't mind if it's not turkey. In fact a turkey would be too much as just me, dh and two small children. Will there be other meat available?

fairydust Sat 27-Nov-10 20:04:11

why not get the meat before you go away and freeze it then at least u have that ig nothing else

ClaireDeLoon Sat 27-Nov-10 20:08:18

There will be some nice fresh meat joints I would think. But if you're worried could you do an online shop now for Christmas week and then you've got what you need on order?

MsSparkle Sat 27-Nov-10 20:08:40

Or purhaps you could order thye meat and pick it up Xmas week?

strandedatseasonsgreetings Sat 27-Nov-10 20:21:24

Thanks for suggestions - unfortunately we are moving home from overseas so can't buy and freeze. Also don't really want to tie us down to a shop delivery time, although it would be ok in the evening so I might do that. We're happy with pork or lamb or even a chicken! Oh and some mince pies and champagne smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now