Talk

Advanced search

Presents for DH?

(17 Posts)
dizzydeee Fri 26-Nov-10 15:07:51

Usual: t-lab.eu t-shirt, Molton Brown black pepper shower gel and a book - but could do with varying this for 2010 - at least the book...

Dexterrocks Fri 26-Nov-10 23:23:42

Would he enjoy a magazine subscription, a DVD, a CD, a console game, chocolates, something sporty, pyjamas, a pen, a gift experience, a joke a day calendar, new shoes, a belt...

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 27-Nov-10 02:09:30

Tickets to cricket/footie, whichever sport he likes. Nice cufflinks like Mulberry, posh tie/shirt combo (TM Lewin), sweeties, hankies, Ipod, vintage wine/port/champagne.

DH has done well out of me in the past but is getting nowt this year...times are 'ard!!

dizzydeee Sat 27-Nov-10 09:23:52

mmm, I think he would like the tickets to cricket and thanks dexter - a joke a day calendar would be great for the northern humour...

kevlar trousers also now on my list as he has a tree to cut down hmm not sure how they will go with t-shirt..

dizzydeee Mon 29-Nov-10 10:45:24

maybe snow shoes too

taffetacat Mon 29-Nov-10 11:06:55

football hat - taking DS(7)to see his first match on 28th Dec
private eye annual

thats it

maybe some chocolates nearer the time

dizzydeee Wed 01-Dec-10 13:12:31

have fun at the footie taffeta - you do have to wrap up.

Been thinking of a day out for DH too - maybe Ice Skating with DC's - we'd love it wink - Somerset House is a very christmassy.

Silkstalkings Wed 01-Dec-10 14:15:54

Viz subscription

dizzydeee Thu 02-Dec-10 09:37:03

Viz subscription it is grin - vistastic - and a mince pie ...

maybe a snow shovel now, but then could sit around for the next 10 years

dizzydeee Fri 03-Dec-10 17:14:43

any ideas for books - crime novel authors?

fromheretomaternity Sun 05-Dec-10 08:31:52

Tim Vine joke book? That's what DH is getting, he needs a bit of cheering up as he is a miserable sod

Silkstalkings Sun 05-Dec-10 22:51:54

Ooh ooh my mum's a crimewriter! Victorian lady heroine prob not his cup of tea LOL but does have a bit of dark humour.

dizzydeee Tue 07-Dec-10 17:01:32

how fantastic having a crime writer as a mum - bet she's good fun around the Christmas table.

Will consider the Tim Vine book and Viz sub

crikeybadger Tue 07-Dec-10 18:57:15

This is a fantastic, gripping thriller that both I and DH loved. smile

dizzydeee Fri 10-Dec-10 15:27:06

thanks crikey, haven't heard of him before - is it me or are people only starting shopping this weekend?

tulpe Fri 10-Dec-10 16:35:17

if he has a good sense of humour, why not a Private Eye subscription?

My DH is getting a gorgeous chunky jumper (bargain reduced from £120 to £50) and a pair of sheepskin slippers from Hush (they were on his list, honest!). Am also going for PE annual and other bits for his stocking.

taffetazatyousantaclaus Fri 10-Dec-10 17:48:57

Kate Atkinson writes well, and I also like Sophie Hannah if you're after a crime psychological thriller.

There are some good plays on over the next few months in London if you fancy a night out, don't know where you are.

I'm not goin to the football, dizzy. Its boys only. Thank goodness. DD and I shall languish with friends in the warm. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: