Talk

Advanced search

Xmas pressie in stockings wrapped or not?

(36 Posts)
NordicPrincess Fri 26-Nov-10 10:34:37

Do you wrap the little presents in your dcs stocking?

In each of their stocking they will have a one pressie along side the other little bits like stickers and coins. My son is getting a nara bug and my daughter a my little pony. These will be wrapped etc..

TeeBee Fri 26-Nov-10 10:51:38

I wrap mine - to elongate the amount of time I can spend in bed while they unwrap them.

Sarsaparilllla Fri 26-Nov-10 10:53:17

Yes, I love wrapping pressies, anything not glued down gets wrapped!!

abgirl Fri 26-Nov-10 11:10:29

Wrapped, primarily so it will take longer to get through the stockings when the DSs start opening them at 5.30 in the morninghmm

LoopyLoops Fri 26-Nov-10 11:11:39

I wrap them, for the same reasons as everyone else- to take longer to open.

janinlondon Fri 26-Nov-10 11:23:14

Definitely wrapped, but if there are multiple children and the stocking presents come from Santa, make sure all the paper is the same. (Christmas pedant blush)

TheFallenMadonna Fri 26-Nov-10 11:27:31

Wrapped, because I cruelly do not allow any more presents to be unwrapped until after a (late) lunch, and, TBH, I rather like the drunken Christmas Eve last minute wrapping frenzy grin

Sinkingfeeling Fri 26-Nov-10 11:29:33

I wrap mine for precisely the same reason as TeeBee. Sometimes use tissue paper rather than wrapping paper though.

KnitterNotTwitter Fri 26-Nov-10 11:29:44

not wrapped - far too fiddly. And the stocking is the wrapping IMO. And santa is far too busy for that sort of nonsense!!

loubeedoo Fri 26-Nov-10 12:07:02

Same as TeeBee and FallenMadonna, prolongs time in bed for mummy --to recover from mad christmas eve pressie wrapping-- to have a bit of a lie in! grin

HerbWoman Fri 26-Nov-10 12:13:21

But make sure the wrapping paper is different to the paper you use for tree presents. I always stash it on top of our wardrobe to use up next Christmas.

maryz Fri 26-Nov-10 12:16:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

inchhighprivateeye Fri 26-Nov-10 13:07:40

Definitely wrapped. Spaces it out, more fun, makes dull gifts like socks and toothbrush a bit more interesting.

Nothing from Santa was wrapped when I was a kid, and I remember the feeling that it was all a bit too much to take in at once.

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Fri 26-Nov-10 15:01:39

This is our first year with stockings and we agreed not to wrap. They have enough 'proper' presents to unwrap throughout the day!

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Fri 26-Nov-10 15:02:38

Ah dammit. Having read other responses I may change my mind. Hmmph.

OhCobblers Fri 26-Nov-10 15:13:15

another one here who does not wrap stocking presents.

however, my DC are of an age where they get up when we do, but in the years to come can see why you'd wrap them to lengthen your time in bed before Xmas madness excitement begins smile

RiverOfSleep Fri 26-Nov-10 15:20:28

I wrap. It takes longer to open them then (though I am not so mean as to sellotape every single edge) - and their stocking presents will mainly be things like pants and socks and sellotape, so it makes them more exciting.

gillybean2 Fri 26-Nov-10 16:24:50

Wrap some but not all. If it's something like a dvd or car will wrap. But things like choc orange and packets of gogo's go in as they are.

taffetacat Fri 26-Nov-10 16:30:26

NO, NO, NO!! The best tip my neighbour ever gave me was not to start wrapping them. Its fun to start with but 5 years in it wanes a bit and you can't stop once you've started......

Bigger stuff like DVDs we put as wrapped presents under the tree rather than in the stocking.

SleepingLion Fri 26-Nov-10 16:32:18

Mostly wrapped apart from sweets and go-gos, etc. It makes it more exciting and prolongs the fun!

mollymax Fri 26-Nov-10 16:35:02

We wrap them, all the children get different paper too.

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Fri 26-Nov-10 16:45:22

I think I may end up wrapping them as I just love wrapping presents blush

Adair Fri 26-Nov-10 16:52:25

Did newspaper when dd was 1 but felt too srooge-like (though I still think presents wrapped in an appropriate page looks nice... confused)

Last year I nicked Grandma's tradition of wrapping presents in tissue paper, and we will do the same this year I think.

Tissue paper loads in a pack from pound shop. Dd and ds got different colours so made it easy to differentiate. Only wrapped loosely with sellotape where necessary - was a bonus that ds (who was 1.5)could enjoy open them himself.

For me, presents have to be wrapped. And I love wrapping presents too.

Dexterrocks Fri 26-Nov-10 22:21:26

I agree that Santa paper has to be different from family paper. As the kids get older they get suspicious.
I also agree that once there is more than one child each child needs their own paper so if things get muddled up you know whose is whose.
I don't wrap choc coins, gogos etc but do wrap the book and the dvd etc.
It slows down the frenzy and encourages turn taking. Otherwise it is all a bit overwhelming.

mumeeee Sat 27-Nov-10 00:02:47

I'm another one who doesn't wrap stocking presents. It wouls dbe far to fiddly and take to long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now