Talk

Advanced search

Does Father Christmas bring a stocking for babies?

(29 Posts)
HeadFairy Thu 25-Nov-10 14:53:47

I can't decide whether to do a stocking for dd, she'll be one on New Year's Eve. DS keeps going on about how good he's being (bless him) and how Father Christmas is going to bring him presents in a stocking etc etc ad infinitum... should I do one for dd so DS doesn't think it odd? Or am I over thinking this?

bumbums Thu 25-Nov-10 14:58:39

I did one for my DD last year even though she was only 9mths just so that DS wouldn't think it odd that santa hadn't been to her. I didn't put anything much in it though. DS didn't norice that his was stuffed and hers was virtually empty as he was to busy loving his!

MistsAndMellow Thu 25-Nov-10 15:00:30

Santa knows to if the baby has an older sibling.

He told me that himself last Christmas grin

booyhoo Thu 25-Nov-10 15:02:37

oh yes, your Ds would notice if he didn't. in our house he also brings for the cats and dog.grin but not for mum sad

cheesesarnie Thu 25-Nov-10 15:04:00

ofcourse he does!

gramercy Thu 25-Nov-10 15:07:01

Dd had one when she was 4 months old.

It contained some nappies, Sudocrem, some wipes, a muslin, pair of socks... you get the picture, everything I'd have bought anyway.

But ds was pleased that his little sister had a stocking just like his.

Rindercella Thu 25-Nov-10 15:09:19

DD2 (will be 9 months @ Christmas) will be getting a stocking this year. But only so her 3 year old sister does not think it's odd that Father Christmas has just visited her!

Ooopsadaisy Thu 25-Nov-10 15:11:34

Yes. Baby stockings are the easiest for "Santa" to fill. Great little toys, soft books, little socks/hats etc.

PaulineMole Thu 25-Nov-10 15:12:21

we're doing one for DD2, who will be 8 weeks, for the benefit of DD1 (3.7). DD2 is getting some 3-6month vests, sleepsuits, and a cuddly. And a chocolate orange. Can't imagine what will happen to that....

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 25-Nov-10 15:12:54

Ahem.
Of course, especially if as everyone says there is an older sibling. And to the cat/ dog/ hamster too obviously

sheeplikessleep Thu 25-Nov-10 15:13:10

Any other ideas what to put in? Also have 3 year old DS and 10 month DS.

So far, for DS2, putting in ...

Toothbrush
Satsuma
Teething necklace
Stacking rings
Baby biscuits

All other toys has been passed down from DS1, so bit stuck for ideas!

Indith Thu 25-Nov-10 15:13:46

Of course they do! Mind you I don't think dd did her first Christmas but then she was only 2 days old!

Small Christmas-themed board book?

storminabuttercup Thu 25-Nov-10 15:21:10

do you have a 'the works' bookshop near you? i got DS lots of christmas board books which were v v cheap. He's 4 months and no siblings but is still having a stocking grin

almost3 Thu 25-Nov-10 15:22:10

My (as yet, grr) unborn baby will have a stocking as I wouldn't want big brothers thinking he'd been left out or anything. I'm not planning on putting too much in it as baby will be less than a month old. I was just planning a soft toy, a babygro and vest or something.

More than anything, it will just be lovely to see 5 stockings hanging up (me and dh get one too although there's not much in them ).

sheeplikessleep Thu 25-Nov-10 15:29:07

'all other toys passed down from ds1' meaning that he already has most toys (not that we're giving old toys of ds1 as xmas presents for ds2)

xmas books a good idea

Pootles2010 Thu 25-Nov-10 15:29:48

Erm... acceptable for santa to bring one for first child, if there's no elder sibling to notice?

Spirael Thu 25-Nov-10 15:33:58

DC1 (will be 5 months) is getting a stocking from Father Christmas. I know for a fact he acquired the material earlier and will be making it over the weekend. wink

I'm not sure whether there will be anything in said stocking yet. It could just be he'll leave her a lovely handmade stocking with her initial on for her first Christmas, all ready for her to set out to be filled next Christmas... (Provided she's been good!)

pointydog Thu 25-Nov-10 15:36:22

I had to do a stocking for dd2 when she was a little baby because dd1 expected her to get one.

I think there were only two things in it though. A rattle and summat else.

NoahAndTheWhale Thu 25-Nov-10 15:39:13

DS had one when he was four weeks old. He is my PFB grin

HeadFairy Thu 25-Nov-10 16:11:36

Oh heck <trudges back to the shops again>

Lovely suggestions, thanks for those.

Hulababy Thu 25-Nov-10 16:14:13

Pootles - yes, I think so.

flingingflangin Thu 25-Nov-10 16:16:46

Oh yes, babies should always get stockings as they are just good. But they are too small to eat the chocs so mummy has to. smile

mumeeee Thu 25-Nov-10 16:18:54

If the baby has an older sibling then yes Father Christmas does bring the baby a stocking. DD2 was just 2 weeks old at hwer first Christmas and He did bring her a stocking,

mumoverseas Thu 25-Nov-10 18:06:27

of course baby must get a stocking! DC3 was only a few weeks old at her first christmas and I didn't even think of not doing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now