Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest place to get a NIntendo DS?

(12 Posts)
Dolittlest Wed 24-Nov-10 19:18:17

Any ideas? What should I be paying? What's a good deal?

TIA

MarionCole Wed 24-Nov-10 19:18:57

Sainsbury's have 25% off all Nintendos at the moment, which is the cheapest we found.

GypsyMoth Wed 24-Nov-10 19:19:08

sainsburys hav or had,25% off this week. they were £108

CherryMonster Wed 24-Nov-10 19:20:39

if you want a ds lite, ask in sainsburys too, they have them with the nintendogs game for £86 right now

Dolittlest Wed 24-Nov-10 19:21:14

Great, thanks! What's the diff between a DS and DS LIte?

hksi Wed 24-Nov-10 19:35:32

We got a black DSi with case and bits from Amazon for £99.

LynetteScavo Wed 24-Nov-10 19:51:04

I was told Sainsbury's offer ended last Tuesday, but I got a DSi XL for £108. They weren't out on the shelves.....under the counter only. wink

DS lite is the older version, and it doesn't have a camera, etc. For some reason they aren't much cheaper than the DSi...so definately worth going for a DSi.

The DSi XL was released after last Christmas, so in a way is this years thing, but is aimed at an older audience; the screen is bigger and it only comes in a few colours, which aren't particularly child friendly (although my 11yo thinks the brown is "smart" hmm)

taffetacat Wed 24-Nov-10 20:13:34

DSi has replaced DSLite, can't get DSLite at all round here. Sainsbo's offer was still being advertised outside our store yesterday, til 2 Dec I think.

I bought a DSi the first day of the Sainsbo's offer in John Lewis and got them to pricematch. It cost £93.74, JL were advertising them at £114.

I wanted to buy it from JL as if there's a problem with it, I know they will sort it.

CherryMonster Wed 24-Nov-10 20:14:56

lynette- the sainsburys offer runs until 4th dec. i was in there checking today.

goingroundthebend4 Thu 25-Nov-10 10:04:12

sainsbury got dd one yesterday 108 dsixl yet in game there 159 with that you get game wa slike erm sainsbury and will buy a game i know she like

oh and argos have cases for them with spare stylus for £6

whomovedmychocolate Thu 25-Nov-10 10:06:01

I got one at Sainsburys yesterday.

SparkleSoiree Thu 25-Nov-10 10:07:05

Use Pricerunner.co.uk

I find it great with expensive purchases! Just put in the item you are trying to buy and it will give you a list of retailers and their current prices!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: