Talk

Advanced search

Personalised video from from Santa (PNP)

(14 Posts)
iloveblue Wed 24-Nov-10 13:21:15

Hi
I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this yet, so sorry if I'm duplicating a thread.

North Pole Video http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/

If you havn't come across this before - you give some details about your child (age, hair colour, what they want for xmas, photograph etc) and it generates a personal video message from Father Christmas which they email to you.

I did this last year for my kids after seeing the thread on here and thought it was fab. Father Christmas was so lovely he made me cry and my boys loved it. They are already talking about it and asking if they will get a video this year.

It's not up and running yet - but you can sign up to get an email when it is.

iloveblue Wed 24-Nov-10 13:22:12

Sorry link doesnt work. Try again

Video http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/

iloveblue Wed 24-Nov-10 13:23:41

I'm not having a good day blush

PNP tv

Snowstorm Wed 24-Nov-10 13:24:01

We did it too and the DD's loved it ... only thing that ruined it a bit was that they noticed that apart from the personal info, everything else was identical. Shame they can't produce two (or more) types so that siblings can't work out (so quickly) that it's a fix! Either that or just show the children their particular message one at a time?!

iloveblue Wed 24-Nov-10 13:30:00

Mine were too young to notice last year snowstorm - might show them separately this year as you suggest.

sux2bsanta Tue 30-Nov-10 12:08:38

Can i just thank you so so much iloveblue for the original post.

I made a message for my DD including photos and it was just wonderful - showed her last night as my due date is today and advent is tomorrow so i thought why not seeing as she had written letters last week (i get treble visitors in Germany....Nikolaus on 6th christchildangel on 24th and santa on 25th, she is allowed 3 small gifts from each).

On the video Santa showed her a map of europe with Germany on it. I was SO impressed it was really sweet. DD is 8 and therefore getting a bit old and wise but this has restored magic for one more year and for an old cynic like me too.

THANKS AGAIN XX

I did it for DH last year and again this year - he thought it was lovely!

(it was better this year, i think, they've tweaked it a bit)

AnyFuleKno Tue 30-Nov-10 12:33:48

The3Bears Tue 30-Nov-10 13:50:13

Ive just done one for ds

racmac Tue 30-Nov-10 14:31:26

I keep trying this but it doesnt seem to be working properly -

NordicPrincess Tue 30-Nov-10 14:37:28

no! its the magic of father xmas, every child has picture of his face in thier minds and of what hes like.

Dont take away the magic!

twirlymum Tue 30-Nov-10 14:41:44

I did ours yesterday. DD and DS loved it. My only concern is the apparent lack of geography knowledge. The United Kingdom seems to be off the coast of Africa hmm

SpotSplatterSplash Tue 30-Nov-10 16:03:30

I love this, it's the 2nd year I have done it for my DC and my DSIS's.

They are all mesmerised by it and it adds to the excitement. (I always make him tell them to try harder grin

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Tue 30-Nov-10 16:47:06

I did one for my DS (9 months!) and it made my Mam cry..... bless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now