Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody received their email from MN Secret Santa?

(44 Posts)
ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 23-Nov-10 21:51:35

I can't remember what the timescales were.

I emailed MNHQ to donate and I received confirmation from them, but I haven't received a match yet.

Am I being previous?

TeaOneSugar Tue 23-Nov-10 23:03:54

I haven't had one.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 24-Nov-10 12:14:17

Thanks for replying, I guess I'm just being too keen blush

smile

rebeccamumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 24-Nov-10 20:11:40

Not too keen at all, by Friday

ETsmum Thu 25-Nov-10 09:13:10

Ohh, pleased someone asked - I was getting twitchy and couldn't remember the time scale either

WentBlank Thu 25-Nov-10 09:56:59

Got mine

WentBlank Thu 25-Nov-10 09:59:45

Do I wrap what I send ? or do people prefer to get gift vouchers so they can buy something for the kids ?

HowsTheSerenity Thu 25-Nov-10 10:17:06

Have not got mine yet.

WentBlank Thu 25-Nov-10 11:49:21

I would love to know more about the family I am sending too! What are the kids into? what have they already got? anything they would really like ? ...how am I going to decide what to send? Would it be better/easier to send a vouchers so the mum can decide what to buy ?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 25-Nov-10 12:21:26

Oh, thanks for letting us know Rebecca smile

Wentblank - if nothing has been specified then I'm guessing the person who nominated the recipient didn't give or know any details about the MN'er, so you're free to choose what you would like to give.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 25-Nov-10 12:24:05

Oh, and I wrap what I send, but then I've only ever given a gift to the MN'er rather than the family.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 25-Nov-10 13:34:55

Just got my email - thank you Rebecca grin

PfftTheMagicDragon Thu 25-Nov-10 14:17:52

I am confused - nothing new

The e-mail asks me to address the parcel to the MNter of the house, yet says that my MN needs her name attached, what does this mean?

WentBlank Thu 25-Nov-10 14:22:32

Can i ask... does the person receiving know that they will be getting something in the post ? I guess they have been contacted as they must have to give their address??

Pfft - my email just said sent it to the MNter of the house and a number and letter

Hulababy Thu 25-Nov-10 14:26:07

I recieved my email today. Before I forget I have sent my recipients gifts (two children)off via an online store. I haven't had them wrapped though, just included a gift note. Thought best to leave unwrapped so the MNetter can see what they are. My email told me to post to the Mumsnetter of the House followed by a code.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 25-Nov-10 14:27:02

Pfft - I have no idea what that means. Respond to the email and ask, I should imagine Rebecca's eyes have gone square sending out all of those emails.

Wentblank - I'm guessing they will know they are getting something.

RockinRobinBird Thu 25-Nov-10 14:31:52

I've never understood how it works (have been a sender). Every year there is a thread full of people saying OMG, couldn't believe it when this parcel arrived etc. But if they didn't know it was coming, how did the organiser get the address?

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 25-Nov-10 15:35:03

i said i would donate and never recieved a mail sad

coatgate Thu 25-Nov-10 15:36:55

What have I missed? blush

AddictedtoCrunchies Thu 25-Nov-10 16:29:08

TheLadyEvenstar - I just got mine an hour or so ago so yours may be on its way.

rebeccamumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 25-Nov-10 16:51:59

Hi all, I have sent the vast majority out today (about 95%) There are one or two yet to be allocated, so if you do not receive an email, don't panic! But do check your spam folders, just in case grin

The last match will take place over the weekend with the final emails sent on Monday.

Pfft Address to the individual if it specifies, I have used a template to make it a little easier and left that line in, apologies for the confusion.

TheLady I have just searched for your donation under your email address registered with MN and we haven't received one? I am afraid it is too late now sorry.

<reaches for the wine>

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 25-Nov-10 17:27:26

<sad>

nicking ya wine now!

PfftTheMagicDragon Thu 25-Nov-10 17:30:00

Thanks, Rebecca!

Bucharest Thu 25-Nov-10 18:07:00

Lady, send me something. grin

Got mine.

Can I just ask, Rebecca, before you tumble in the chardonnay, I did say vouchers, but I've thought of something else that I think the child would like...can I just go ahead and send this something else, or has the mother specified vouchers?

<panics and hyperventilates at responsibility>

Bucharest Thu 25-Nov-10 18:07:29

PS Because I'm thinking children like parcels don't they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now