Talk

Advanced search

Is there such thing as ...

(14 Posts)
Millie1 Fri 19-Nov-10 22:23:37

a cool art/craft present for a 7 year old boy? DS has a birthday at the beg of December and he's so into drawing & making things ... everything I see seems to be aimed at girls. Any ideas please? (He has two of the projector toys that you can trace outlines from). Thanks

moccachoccachino Fri 19-Nov-10 22:26:18

My ds has had two of those sets where you make a comic using printed sheets and stickers and your own drawings to tell the story.

He liked the Ben 10 one and a Scooby Doo set.

webwiz Fri 19-Nov-10 22:31:16

This looks cool!

www.toysdirect.com/glowstation.html?category_id=47 4&view_all=1

DS has had a few Crayola sets that are unisex

ArentFanny Fri 19-Nov-10 22:32:50

I got my nephew a model making book and some Fimo, that you model and then bake so you can make things, comes in all colours.

MumInBeds Fri 19-Nov-10 22:32:57

hama beads?

moccachoccachino Fri 19-Nov-10 22:33:06

I didn't explain that very well but the sets are called 'comic book maker' and they have a Gormiti one on the Entertainer website at the moment reduced from £11.00 to £5.50.

They are really good and kept my ds occupied for hours. Age 7+

Overtiredmum Fri 19-Nov-10 22:34:53

Shaker Makers are very good. You make plaster of paris models and paint them when dry. Mr DS who is 5 loves them and has had Dr Who, Ben 10 and Toy Story 3 ones.

MerryMarigold Fri 19-Nov-10 22:35:16

Yellow moon? They have loads of craft stuff. How about models you make and paint? [There's cars, robots etc - but can't remember if they are in yellow moon.]

Ingles2 Fri 19-Nov-10 22:40:45

Djeco make really lovely art kits for boys, even teenage ones
however they are really expensive as are most French toys.
Worth it though...
Have a look
www.littlenuttreetoys.co.uk/product_list.php?in_se arch=Djeco&start=70&in_search=Djeco&pagesize=10&in _search=Djeco&pagesize=10&in_search=Djeco&pagesize =10&in_search=Djeco&pagesize=10&in_search=Djeco&pa gesize=10&in_search=Djeco&pagesize=10&in_search=Dj eco&pagesize=10

Lancelottie Fri 19-Nov-10 22:41:18

DS loves this

moccachoccachino Fri 19-Nov-10 22:44:12

There also these which are fab

www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=the+doodle+bo ok&tag=mh0a9-21&index=stripbooks&hvadid=22011703&r ef=pd_sl_7ihvrcrao1_e

Millie1 Fri 19-Nov-10 22:44:22

Oh brilliant - thank you! Where would I be without Mumsnet grin. Seriously, some really good ideas - he'd love the comic book maker - have seen a Ben 10 version on Amazon which would go down a treat. Am currently looking at the Crayola things and also have the Yellow Moon website open. Thanks again smile

shelsco Fri 19-Nov-10 22:58:51

I've just got DS3 a magic maize set from Early Learning Centre. Older sons loved it. £7 for a jungle set where they use the maize to make animals. Maize sticks together using only water and doesn't really make much mess. It's great!
Also Home Bargains have air drying clay in at the moment, much cheaper than normal. It's different colours like plasticine but dries hard like clay. I got some last year along with a clay modelling book from amazon. Again, it was fantastic. Kept my boys busy for hours. grin

richarda Fri 19-Nov-10 23:37:08

There are various books on drawing Manga comics which boys tend to like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now