Talk

Advanced search

where do you get a good personalised photo calender from?

(26 Posts)
whoknowswhatthefutureholds Thu 18-Nov-10 20:51:09

Got one for MIL last year, she loved the idea but it was pretty crap quality. Anyone got a good recommendation?

thanks!

mumonthenet Thu 18-Nov-10 21:10:19

gettingpersonal.co.uk Got one for dd's birthday - good glossy quality...imho.

whoknowswhatthefutureholds Thu 18-Nov-10 21:14:40

thanks that's great!

whoknowswhatthefutureholds Thu 18-Nov-10 21:36:16

just had a look and it's the wrong sort (though think the kids would like a persobnalised one) I mean one in which you can put photos of yourselves in.

QOD Thu 18-Nov-10 21:43:30

hang on, I just did 2 for 99p plus p&p - you mean you add your own photos and they are printed on it? will just dig out the email

whoknowswhatthefutureholds Thu 18-Nov-10 21:50:25

thats the one I mean!

AnnieLobeseder Thu 18-Nov-10 21:53:16

We use Vistaprint, have done every year for the past 3 years. Lovely templates, good quality, and decent sized date boxes on the calendar so there's room to actually write your appointments in.

TheChrimbolyMallows Thu 18-Nov-10 21:53:26

I have used www.vistaprint.co.uk for the past 3 years to make calendars for my mum for Christmas (different pictures for each month).

TheChrimbolyMallows Thu 18-Nov-10 21:54:31

Xpost, snap Annie smile

VinaApsara Thu 18-Nov-10 21:54:44

we always use snapfish

QOD Thu 18-Nov-10 21:55:01

VISTAPRINT! that it

£4 ish it has cost for 2

DomesticGoddessInTraining Thu 18-Nov-10 21:59:17

Photobox do good quality ones, but I've used Vistaprint over the last couple of years because they're so much cheaper.

wornoutbutstillwonderful Thu 18-Nov-10 22:00:24

Another one who used Vistaprint just waiting to see the results.

monkeysmama Thu 18-Nov-10 22:13:15

I've just ordered directly from Apple this year. If you're using any Apple computer/laptop it is soooo much easier and excellent quality.

DomesticGoddessInTraining Thu 18-Nov-10 22:22:48

Were they pricey monkeysmama?

jelliebelly Thu 18-Nov-10 22:24:49

I've used Photobox the last couple of years - excellent quality and loads of room to actually write in the boxes and use for its intended purpose! - think there used to be a mumsnet offer code but don't know if there is still...

monkeysmama Thu 18-Nov-10 22:31:39

Domestic £17 I think. The first one just arrived and is really big (I didn't realise the size) - at double the size of the Photobox ones I think they're good value and excellent quality. I made it in well under a quarter of the time the other sites take as my photos are on my Apple MacBook so there was none of the annoying uploading time.

Bucharest Fri 19-Nov-10 07:08:05

I used Vistaprint last year, and have used them for some cards this year, but nothing compares with the quality of Photobox and you get loads of cashback from Quidco etc.

There are loads of Photobox offer codes around, I think calendars might be on 3 x 2?

Bucharest Fri 19-Nov-10 07:09:04

PS also, Vistaprint are like Ryanair...they say it's going to cost X and then add loads of extras on, and in the end they aren't much cheaper than Photobox.

BandaBoo Fri 19-Nov-10 14:01:16

calendarwizard.co.uk top print and paper quality, just done mine and extras for parents and PIL's , they have a buy one get one half price offer which helps!! Use them every year and quality good enough to frame afterwards. Agree with bucharest - vistaprint costs add up.

Eddas Fri 19-Nov-10 14:21:51

has anyone used Bonusprint for this? I've had an email with offers but just wondering if the calanders are nice quality? smile

Ceolas Fri 19-Nov-10 20:42:50

I like Snapfish. If you register with them they often do 50% off calendars. We had some from them last year and my SIL got some from Vistaprint. She said ours were better quality.

Nippersmum Fri 19-Nov-10 23:56:51

Eddas I have used both Bonusprint in the past and they are not bad at all in my opinion. This year I have splashed out and used photobox and like the other posters have said the quality is really good. So if money is no object I would go for photobox, but if not then bonusprint are ok.

hophophippidtyhop Sat 20-Nov-10 21:24:41

33% off at snapfish if you use code 33calnov10 for calenders up til 28th november

TeaOneSugar Sat 20-Nov-10 22:26:23

We've only used vistaprint, very good quality, agree about the extras, but still good value.

I've ordered DD a notebook with her photo and name on the front for £1.49.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: