Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration for Presents for Difficult To Buy For DP/DHs

(14 Posts)
OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Nov-10 10:48:18

Anyone?

tummytickler Thu 18-Nov-10 11:15:13

I am getting my dh a bushcraft weekend away. He will love it, and be useful if we have to live of the land in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse (or any Apocalypse!).
Will also get him a chilli plant, and the usual, book/DVD/CD/pants/socks!

Hai1988 Thu 18-Nov-10 11:18:47

I am getting DH the life on mars boxset, the new jeremy clarkson book and few other little bits as well properly

Poledra Thu 18-Nov-10 11:20:36

Ooh, Olivia, complete hijack but how's your DS doing? The photos are just divine, dahling!

I am hopeless at Christmas presents for DH, BTW - he's lucky to get a DVD and some toffee.

janmoomoo Thu 18-Nov-10 12:50:27

I am thinking of a Kindle.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Nov-10 14:12:52

Poledra you are sweet to ask.
DS2 is lovely and completely angelic.
He is snoozing gently beside me while I online christmas shop. It is amazing how much money can be spent without even leaving the house!

My DH is v tricky to buy for as he is SO good at getting me genius presents that it's hard to compete.

waterbabyabroad Thu 18-Nov-10 15:12:46

We (he) likes gadgets in a big way so I'm looking at telescopes now, a starter book to go with it and maybe the latest DVD series on all matters astronomical (can't remember what it was called)...

tassisssss Thu 18-Nov-10 20:00:47

dh likes the BBC Focus mag a lot

he likes more running clothes than you could believe is possible

he likes vouchers for Wiggle which is a cycling website I think

a DVD boxed set would be a possible

(but otherwise I don't think he really gets presents)

Silkstalkings Thu 18-Nov-10 21:05:40

If he has a naughty sense of humour:

Viz subscription

Book (strong stomach required!)

Surreal sense of humour:

Book Easy to dip in and giggle, great toilet book in other words!

Does he have the engineering gene?
Book

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 18-Nov-10 21:07:39

We are a bit skint this year but DH is getting a really nice wooden cheese board and some cheeses to go with it, a coffee pot (one that you brew the coffee on the stove) some beans and a grinder, and a book the Dangerous Book for Heroes.

twolittledarlings Fri 19-Nov-10 00:02:25

Mine is so hard to buy for too.

So far, I have got him:

A zapper (electronic tennis racket for killing flys from Hawkins Bazaar)
2 books on classic cars
a magazine subscription on Classic Cars
A desktop valet charging station from The Original Gift Company - this is a mahogany chest tidy (like an open jewellery box) where in can put his keys, coins, phone, mp3 player etc and also inside holds all the charges so he just need to plug in the back and it charges.

and also next week will be ordering the Kindle ebook reader from Amazon.

That's all.

pigleychez Fri 19-Nov-10 09:39:12

My DH is a nightmare to buy for.

He has gedgets coming out of his ears!
Im getting him...

a case for his new mac air, Wii party game,and a hat/ scarf set for his chilly commute on the trains.

Really stuck for anything else though. Doesnt seem enough when he has bought me a new DSLR and new portrait lens.

Adair Fri 19-Nov-10 09:48:48

'gift' type stuff I have got brother in law etc:

personalised calendar from getting personal (was going to get one for my dad but my sis is making a calendar confused)

stylophone (firebox)

Dh is getting some quiz books from the charity shop (that we can do together instead of sitting side by side on the sofa ignoring each other on our laptops of an evening)
also decent salt n pepper mills and er... maybe some lego to do with ds (as they have got well into it [smile). Oh and a new remote control for the DVD player as we have struggled without it for nearly a year!!

Last year I bought him a little digital keyring and uploaded some suggestive photos of me on to it. Think he appreciated...

verysomething Fri 19-Nov-10 12:51:14

Noise-cancelling headphones were a huge success. Bose are the best but there's other brands for every budget. DH loves kit like that.

Nespresso machine - surprisingly not that expensive (to suck you in so you have to buy the pods) - a HUGE hit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now