Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for teachers

(7 Posts)
Millie1 Wed 17-Nov-10 20:41:17

I've 3 teachers, 2 classroom assistants to buy for. One male, rest female. Usually give a nice handcream but given that I did that last year, not sure i can do it again. Maybe I can? Am happy to spend up to £15 on one of the c/a's given her level of care for my son. What on earth can I get the male teacher???

Any ideas please?

LadyOfTheFlowers Wed 17-Nov-10 20:44:08

I just saw some mugs while flicking thru a Boots Christmas catalogue that I thought were quite groovy actually.

There are 3 designs - one has different moustaches and their names on, the other has instructions for making the best paper aeroplanes on and the other is called 'really useful' - not sure what that ones' about, but they are intended to be funny and look so.

Just an idea.

Millie1 Wed 17-Nov-10 20:57:52

Oh just doing a Boots order LOTF ... shall have a search on their website. Thanks!

ElspethDiggory Wed 17-Nov-10 20:59:55

Vouchers or book tokens are great. Your dc could make a card to put it in with a message to give the personal touch but honestly as a teacher who one year received 10 boxes of chocolate, vouchers or token are really gratefully received. Otherwise a bottle of wine perhaps for the male teacher?

mogs0 Wed 17-Nov-10 23:13:29

For ds' male teacher, we are doing this.

DreamTeamGirl Wed 17-Nov-10 23:17:27

I hope they like it, but I have bought some small but lovely Xmas tree decorations that are owls (as in wise old teacher owls)

I am putting each one in a gift box so it will look nice

I am working on the basis that if they love it they can remember their class of 2010 every year and if they hate it then they dont feel bad throwing away a tree decoration.

MistsAndMellow Wed 17-Nov-10 23:46:43

DD's teacher is a man and is getting an Amazon voucher. I used to teach and had to spend a lot of my own money on books and resources.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now