Talk

Advanced search

Do you already have food in the freezer for Christmas? What have you got?

(9 Posts)
LemonDifficult Tue 16-Nov-10 15:14:30

Just wondering what festive fare MNers have already stashed.

I'm hosting Christmas for the second time ever this year. The first was a disaster of still-frozen-in-the middle turkey and too few potatoes, amongst other issues. This time I am determined not to come unstuck.

What should I do from this far off? All advice appreciated.

CherryMonster Tue 16-Nov-10 15:19:51

a large leg of lamb (my mum bought it for me last week)

LemonDifficult Tue 16-Nov-10 15:50:14

Cherry monster, I have one of those too! Although I'm not actually planning to have lamb on Christmas Day.

fairydust Tue 16-Nov-10 16:30:24

Only sausage rolls so far

LemonDifficult Tue 16-Nov-10 19:33:46

Oooh I have some M&S mini pies left over from Bonfire Party, so that's a start. Might offer them around on Christmas Eve.

I'm about to google 'freeze for Christmas' recipes. Maybe I should go though Fellatio's thread for any poncetastic canapes to do in advance.

anniepanniepears Tue 16-Nov-10 19:39:50

frozen turkey from tesco at half price salman joint,and a joint of gammon on sale at tesco biscuit, tins of sweets, bacardi and a bottle of Ballies and some liqure chocolates ,can you tell I like to be organised

worm77daisy Tue 16-Nov-10 21:53:04

In the freezer:
Braised red cabbage
Two stuffings
Sausage rolls
Mince pies
Bilinis

Cake and pudding made but obviously not in freezer but slowly maturing.

To do and freeze
Bread sauce
Cranberry compote
Prepped roast pots
Rum sauce
Pigs in blankets
Gravy
Granita

MrsRhettButler Tue 16-Nov-10 22:05:48

I have a humungous whole half side of salmon in my freezer and I mean humungous! <Proud>

But I have fuck all else and dp keeps asking when I'm going to start the cake blush

LemonDifficult Tue 16-Nov-10 22:49:00

Mmmmmmm, granita, yum.

The half of salmon - these always seem to be on sale from the fishmonger in my local Sainsbury's so I will keep a look out. I'd thought of them as summer food but now I see, yup, ideal for Christmas.

Haven't got any booze in yet. I can't be trusted grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now