Talk

Advanced search

REALLY nice unusual Christmas cards please?

(14 Posts)
JarethThePomBearKing Mon 15-Nov-10 20:40:38

Has anybody got any links? I always end up getting bog standard ones (nothing wrong with that obv) but would like to send really nice ones this year.

I used to order from a card website recommended on here before, but can't for the life of me remember what they are called.

BaroqueAroundTheClock Mon 15-Nov-10 20:55:31

probably not what you're looking for but if I had oodles of cash to spend on cards I'd buy some from here

JarethThePomBearKing Mon 15-Nov-10 20:59:20

OOoooh.. lovely site, but yes - bit too ££££ for me sadly!

BaroqueAroundTheClock Mon 15-Nov-10 21:04:31

tell me about it - I currently feel like I'm "splashing out" if I spend more than about £2 on a box of 40 cards blush (though last year I managed to send 0 cards so will spend nothing this year as I have all of last years ultra cheap boxes of cards sat in the drawer)

JarethThePomBearKing Mon 15-Nov-10 21:26:50

ooooh

mogs0 Mon 15-Nov-10 21:36:26

This year, I am making my own! I am the least bit crafty but even these are within my reach. I have bought 4x4inch plain white cards with envelopes and am going to put a Chritmassy stamp in the centre of each. I have done 3 so far and, even if I do say so myself, they look great. grin

Usually, anything handmade by my hands looks crap but I am really pleased with them so far! Whether I get round to doing any more than 3 remains to be seen!

Alternatively, Phoenix Trading do gorgeous Christmas cards - but are fairly expensive depending on which packs you have.

JarethThePomBearKing Mon 15-Nov-10 21:46:43

actually found some pretty good boxes at paperchase and they had some perfect stocking fillers too

taffetacat Mon 15-Nov-10 22:04:04

The art museums normally have some good ones eg Tate Modern - depends how wnaky you want to be

JarethThePomBearKing Mon 15-Nov-10 22:06:40

loving the wnaky grin

taffetacat Mon 15-Nov-10 22:07:27

Now here's an I saw you coming......

JarethThePomBearKing Mon 15-Nov-10 22:09:57

Oh WOWW

BaroqueAroundTheClock Mon 15-Nov-10 22:24:18

nearly £19 for 6 cards shock

god those first ones I linked to look cheap now grin

earwicga Mon 15-Nov-10 23:16:59

There are some beautiful cards here www.traidcraftshop.co.uk/c-167-fair-trade-christma s-cards.aspx The embroidered ones are lovely in real life.

selby Tue 16-Nov-10 00:01:02

These caught my eye in a local shop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: