Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else without their children this xmas?

(8 Posts)
maltesers Mon 15-Nov-10 09:33:11

My three kids are 10, 20, and 22 yrs and are at their dads this xmas, so i am feeling quite down and not looking forward to the festive week. To make matters the youngest son is skiing with his dad (different dad to older two ) sad
Yes, i know i am taking my youngest skiing too in the new year week, but its taken the excitement out of it for him and me. . he will be bored of skiing etc. ..Plus, the Ex didnt inform me about this until two weeks ago and my youngest ds is a Chorister and meant to be singing in church locally at xmas and now he is not. . .so cross with the Ex. . . At least that meant i would have seen my ds in church on Xmas day etc. . . .sad
So to cheer myself and dp up we are going to have BucksFizz in bed and get cosy.

HotchpotchHoney Mon 15-Nov-10 11:21:43

my 4 are going to france with their dad and his new fiancee.
mine are 1,4,8 and 13. I am going to my boyfriends parents for lunch but home alone for the rest of the day as my bf is satyingat his parents christmas eve so that his son can wake up and have all of his presents at hsi grandparents. I was invited but would rather be home on christmas morning, plus the dogs still need walking.
I hope you and dp have a lovely day together.

maltesers Mon 15-Nov-10 13:22:17

Ah thank you Hotch and you . . .enjoy your lunch and enjoy the rest. . . .put ur feet up and make the most of "me " time. ..

HotchpotchHoney Mon 15-Nov-10 13:55:48

thanks, think i am going to treat it like a normal sunday so i don;t get maudling and upset. its my first year without them, i had them last year so xh this year.

JetCat Mon 15-Nov-10 15:41:18

mesad They are going to their dads Xmas eve morning, coming home boxing day night. They are 4 and 13, and its their first xmas eve away from homesad

I just need to find something for me to do <ponders>

maltesers Mon 15-Nov-10 17:06:08

Well, u dont live in Wiltshire do you ??

maltesers Mon 15-Nov-10 17:08:52

I am so miffed that my 10n yr old is away skiing when i thought his Dad was having him locally and ds would be singing in the choir in our local church. . . My Ex didnt keep me informed . . . ggggrrrhhhh !!
Next time he pulls a stunt like this one its just too bad. . At least next year we will have our children with us for Xmas.. . . .and i am going to take a ski trip for the whole TWO WEEKS !!!!!!!!!!! lol

JetCat Mon 15-Nov-10 17:35:03

about 250 miles away maltesers smile

i know what you mean about missing part of the build up, we will miss our regular xmas eve carols.

But, as you say, we get our own way next yeargrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now