Talk

Advanced search

How would you decorate....

(11 Posts)
mummynoseynora Fri 12-Nov-10 22:38:17

a 2 bed maisonette that you rent???

Obviously ability to hack the place to bits to make it pretty is limited grin

Managed a lovely tree last year and a few bits in hall, but would love xmassy feeling throughout - which I guess would involve garlands / ceiling decorations.....

how would you put them up?!

ja9 Fri 12-Nov-10 22:53:25

twinkly lights. wrap them around anything that is standing still!

mummynoseynora Fri 12-Nov-10 22:54:36

did that on door frames last year - the other problem I have is there are no - repeat NO fecking plug sockets in the hall..... angry

Clearly the builder did NOT envisage pretty christmasses in this place!!!!

CherryMonster Sat 13-Nov-10 00:32:02

battery operated lights?

DreamTeamGirl Sat 13-Nov-10 00:52:51

There are loads of really nice battery operated lights in tescos this year

ForMashGetSmash Sat 13-Nov-10 08:32:56

Go for natural then....big pots of holly nd other festive things in vases, like ivy, berries...buy fake ones as well as fresh.

You can get those lights which go on batteries...smaller ones LED they are...you could use those ig you need twinkle.

mummynoseynora Sat 13-Nov-10 10:43:51

thanks for the tip DreamTeamGirl - will check out tesco later

and thanks too smash - will see what natural stuff I can manage (with a crawling climbing monster!)

Any tips for putting up ceiling decorations?!

Decorhate Sun 14-Nov-10 10:54:04

If you use drawing pins it shouldn't damage the ceiling. You could make or buy large paper snowflakes & hang them by thread. I also put paper chains on the walls using bluetack & it hasn't damaged them.

taffetacat Sun 14-Nov-10 20:04:25

I hang these beasties from the ceiling with white tack, so it doesn't show. They are stunning and a real bargain.

Steer clear of mistletoe at grab height if you have a wee one - its poisonous. As are poinsettia.

DreamTeamGirl Mon 15-Nov-10 11:14:48

They are lovely Taffetacat

mummynoseynora Tue 16-Nov-10 08:29:33

Thanks for the tips - unfortunately drawing pins won't go in - the ceiling is that hard!

May well give whitetack a go - thanks for that taffeta

and the tips on mistletoe and poinsetta- going to have them this year so well away from ds then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now