Talk

Advanced search

Where to find personalised notepaper for MIL for Christmas?

(14 Posts)
runmeragged Thu 11-Nov-10 11:10:40

Would like a small quantity of plainish notepaper (A5 size probably) with her name and address printed at the top. She is quite minimalist and I have found big sets of stationary, but really I think she would just like the paper itself. I only want to buy a smallish quantity incase she doesn't like it - she can just recycle it!

Any ideas where to get online?

curlycat Thu 11-Nov-10 12:05:30

Have you tried the Studio24 book? They do loads of personalised stuff and you can order online.

OhCobblers Thu 11-Nov-10 13:44:37

Google will throw up a load of companies if you put "personalised stationery" in the search engine, but a number of companies on Ebay do them.

I like correspondence cards and thats the cheapest place i've found them.

lilolilmanchester Thu 11-Nov-10 15:14:17

years ago got some from able labels for parents & PIL, it was good quality but about 10 years ago so can't say what it will be like now. But possibly too big. They also do labels - perhaps that might be a better option with some nice stationery to go with? Then she can use the labels for other things too?

MissTired Thu 11-Nov-10 15:43:54

i buy address stickers from ebay, supercheap and good for on top of stationary and on back of envelopes etc!

unfitmummy Thu 11-Nov-10 16:11:40

we got FIL some from WHSmith a few years ago - worth a look!

Tinkerisdead Thu 11-Nov-10 18:07:13

i use vistaprint for stuff like that, they will bombard you with emails every day offering you free stuff but its dirt cheap for personalised stuff.

iheartdusty Thu 11-Nov-10 19:11:24

I have some cards and slips from this company, they were the only ones I could find who do recycled paper. Nice quality, and they arrived fast.

TheNextMrsDepp Thu 11-Nov-10 19:15:15

John Lewis have a service for this - check online.

PandaEisIsLookingForwardToXmas Thu 11-Nov-10 19:42:51

try here they are really good and do personalised stationarysmile

zipzap Thu 11-Nov-10 23:16:03

Or you could make it yourself - if you have a printer...

Buy some nice A5 size paper that you think she would like, set the paper size in your word processor and play around until you get something that you like for the address.

Cut regular A4 in half (or to match paper size if different), print off a few test sheets to make sure the paper lines up and prints off as you expect it to, then print off the good paper. usually best to do it one by one or in small batches if it is not paper that is standard printer paper. Keep a few sheets plain as follow on sheets.

Buy a nice little plastic wallet to pop it all in, along with the matching envelopes.

Way cheaper than gettting it printed and you get double bonus points for having made it yourself. And if she likes it and wants more (or wants tweaks to the font or size etc) you can run off some more for her.

While you are at it you can also print off correspondence cards and add them to the set too.

Paperchase has some nice papers and envelopes that I think are suitable to put through printers and come in relatively small packs (eg 10 or 20 correspondence cards and envelopes, maybe 20-50 sheets of paper etc). I've done it in the past for my mum when she wanted some by buying a pad of basildon bond small paper from whsmith and tearing it off sheet by sheet grin

You can even print up a sheet of regular paper with some thick lines on it like they had in the BB pads (no idea if they still do!) so you can write beautifully straight!

Places like whsmiths, staples and paperchase all have nice little plastic wallets which turn it from being a few little loose sheets of paper into a 'proper' homemade printed gift set IYSWIM.

Concordia Thu 11-Nov-10 23:22:07

the rather nice company are good
i heartdusty has linked to them

runmeragged Fri 12-Nov-10 09:12:00

Thanks all! This was my last adult present to get so v pleased!

ja9 Fri 12-Nov-10 22:45:14

runmeragged -where to your buy from in the end?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: