Talk

Advanced search

Tiny gifts/treats for Advent Calendar/Box

(6 Posts)
OhCobblers Wed 10-Nov-10 22:17:26

so i've got DC a gorgeous wooden Advent Box with drawers - now just need to find 24 cheap tiny things (each!) to put in them.

Have thought of the usual hair clips, chocs, tiny car, but am now stuck but they're too young to put "a piece of paper with an activity" in it ............ confused

iheartdusty Wed 10-Nov-10 22:51:32

how old are DC?

cute plastic animals (maybe see what poundland has in)

Stickers

shells, acorns, conkers, other 'nature' things?

beautiful marbles?

dolls house things

anything from here

cookie cutter

CherryMonster Wed 10-Nov-10 23:14:47

lego figures, playmobil bits, jungle/puppy/kitty/pony/baby etc in my pockets, hair stuff, mini bath bombs, a few choccies, stickers, magnets, sure there are loads more small things, we have a fabric calendar which i fill with roses or quality streets and we take turns to open it.

maryz Wed 10-Nov-10 23:21:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Treats Wed 10-Nov-10 23:25:25

I've bought the playmobil nativity set here which has about 28 separate pieces in (although some can be bundled together) for DD's advent calendar. She'll get one new piece every day (with Baby Jesus on Christmas Eve) to add to the nativity scene.

Doesn't come with Wise Men though - they need to be bought separately - so I might get that as well and put more than one piece in each advent pocket.

Watch out if DCs are small because some of the pieces are tiny - should be OK if they're supervised while opening the calendar and the nativity scene is displayed out of reach.

OhCobblers Thu 11-Nov-10 13:30:45

thanks for responses.
love the "tickseed" website - even better than Hawkins Bazaar!
DC are 4 and 2 - eldest only just getting into playmobil but a figure or two is a good idea.
thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: