Talk

Advanced search

2 and a half month old baby by xmas, relatives asking what she wants

(22 Posts)
Tyson86 Sat 06-Nov-10 19:44:57

I keep getting asked what my dd would like for christmas, she will only be 2 and a half months old. I have no idea and am starting to look rude when i answer with nothing or i dont know. We have just got her a couple of 3month + toys and a bracelet as a keepsake.
Any suggestions to stop me looking anymore rude?

darcymum Sat 06-Nov-10 19:46:19

She would like a day at her grandparents while her mother goes to a spa.

nbee84 Sat 06-Nov-10 19:47:31

Think of practical things you will need in the coming months. Maybe ask soe for 3-6 month clothes and some for 6-9 month clothes.
How about a cash contribution to buying a bigger item like a highchair? Board books/story books are a good one - you can never have too many books grin

JustKeepSparkling Sat 06-Nov-10 19:48:27

Things for when she's older? esp as she won't be getting birthday presents for quite a long time.

Look at things that say 6m+, 6-12m & 12m+ and she if there's anything you like the look of.

PixieOnaLeaf Sat 06-Nov-10 19:48:40

Message withdrawn

SecretNutellaFix Sat 06-Nov-10 19:49:24

How about some toys from 6 months?
Some 3-6 month or even 6-9 month clothes?

I'll be buying my new nephew who will be 9 weeks this

DomesticGoddessInTraining Sat 06-Nov-10 19:50:09

Are they desperately keen to buy toys? It'll be a while before she's showing any interest, but you might find some ideas on this thread.

Agree that you can never have too many books!

Tyson86 Sat 06-Nov-10 19:50:11

Lol darcy They would love the babysitting bit

nbee Good idea on the clothes and books.

nymphadora Sat 06-Nov-10 19:52:18

dd3 will be similar and we are getting stuff for the next year. Store up clothes and toys as they go through a lot in the first year.

Tyson86 Sat 06-Nov-10 19:52:58

Thanks for the ideas, domestic dh and I were thinking of that sit me up

Tikkabillajive Sat 06-Nov-10 19:57:31

Definitely what Darcymum said!

But I found one of these totally brilliant for both my two from around 3/4 months.

Jcee Sat 06-Nov-10 20:05:31

I share your pain.

I've got a 10 month old and it'll be her 1st birthday just before Christmas and I'm am being inundated by relatives asking this question and expected to think of 2 things for everyone to buy. I think nbee's idea is so brilliant and I'm going to pinch it myself! smile

There's probably loads you'll need over the coming months - next size up clothes or sleepsuits or a warm winter pram suit?

It might be worth asking people to buy toys that she can grow into over the coming months - my DD's faves over the last 6 months have been stacking cups, teething rings and stuff to chew, squeaky eggs and nursery rhymes book - she still plays with all these now and loves them

If you are stuck for ideas, I've picked stuff off the mumsnet reviews page before for presents and so far everything has been great

nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Nov-10 20:12:54

i'd ask for vouchers for elc, waterstones for lovely books, or shops you wouldn't normally be able to afford for lovely treat clothes? white company etc?
sheepskin booties for winter if anything like last year
a nice personalised picture or vouchers for portrait photography?
personalised furniture?
pretty sleeping bag in 0-6m and bigger?

nicolamumof3 Sat 06-Nov-10 20:13:23

oh and a very lovely 2010 bear to commemorate her first xmas of course!! enjoy it smile

4plus1 Sat 06-Nov-10 22:02:00

I was goin to say a bear! My sis started the tradition of getting my dc the harrods xmas bear each year. They look beautiful when I set the 5 bears out each xmas and the dc love to show off their own special one. I just ordered one for my neice £19.99 and free delivery.

onadietcokebreak Sat 06-Nov-10 23:08:14

Money for savings account with the expectation that you will use it for bigger items in coming months

feetheart Sat 06-Nov-10 23:19:06

Just to add - DD(7) and DS(5 tomorrow) still play with the stacking cups and Squeaky eggs DD got as a baby - often in games involving dinosaurs atm so def a good buy grin

DinahRod Sat 06-Nov-10 23:28:08

So she must be very new - congratulations smile

Thinking ahead to about 6m, an Antilop high chair with tray from Ikea, the one MN raves about, about £15.

Extras like snowsuit, grobag, blanket for the pram, car toy, mobile for the cot, baby keepsake box, baby record box for all those milestones.

Weaning bowl, spoons, bibs

Baby chair, play mat, board books

tefal Sun 07-Nov-10 13:27:10

At that age unless there is anything you are really needing or very short of I'd say cash into her savings account.

plantsitter Sun 07-Nov-10 13:42:29

If her birthday's in Sept/Oct, why not ask for biggish summer things that she'll want to play with in June, like a paddling pool or sandpit? Dunno if you can buy them at this time of year but DD's birthday is in Feb so by the time summer comes round we end up getting summer stuff just because we want to rather than for an occasion.

(DD is 2 so admittedly this has only happened once!)

Tyson86 Sun 07-Nov-10 16:03:55

Thank you for all the brilliant ideas, i will suggest some to the inlaws

pigleychez Sun 07-Nov-10 16:41:30

My DD2 will be 7mths at xmas but has bixes full to the brim of toys from DD1. We have bought a few new bits but didnt want to go too mad.
We have bought her this in XL so its big enough to cover a single bed. DD1 has one and its lovely quality and practical.

We have also got one for my neice who will be 3mths at xmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now