Talk

Advanced search

Looking for inspiration - presents for DS (nearly 2)

(8 Posts)
WhenDoISleep Fri 05-Nov-10 22:00:05

I looking for some ideas of presents that we can get for DS (2 in Feb).

Things that he has and loves are:

Wheelybug
Push along truck - with bricks
Colour Doodle
Keyboard

He is just starting to play with Duplo - but will be getting some more from his Godfather.

He adores books and will be getting more for Christmas.

QuoththeRaven Fri 05-Nov-10 22:08:42

Happyland sets from ELC a huge hit in this house. bought them for DS (now 2.2) xmas last year and they are so loved we got him some more this year! plus grandparents are getting him some as well.

ATM ELC are doing the farm set for £20 i think, or £25 but with a free quadbike set which looks good, but there are lots of different things.

lizziemun Fri 05-Nov-10 22:37:12

Ds who will be 22mths at christmas, we have got him the Happyland Martian Moon base to go with the Rocket he got for his birthday.

frazzled74 Fri 05-Nov-10 23:08:50

would def buy a wooden train track (tesco or asda).My ds has 2 of these worth around £10 each and still plays with them nearly every day, he is 4, dd7 also plays with them.

4plus1 Sat 06-Nov-10 00:08:44

Have 4 ds. The most played with toys in this house have been:
- garage
- wooden farm set
-duplo/lego
-wooden train and tracks some brio, some tesco/ ikea
-elc castle

WhenDoISleep Sat 06-Nov-10 07:31:17

Are the Happyland sets similar to the Fisher Price Little People sets?

DomesticGoddessInTraining Sat 06-Nov-10 14:42:15

Wooden train set (Brio, Thomas, Ikea, Tesco, Bigjigs)
Scooter
Role play type toys - hoover, cooker, tea set, kitchen etc
Easel

My DS is 2.4 and the one thing I wouldn't be without for him is his "choo choo" set. It gets played with every day and visiting children love it too. It can be added to for future Christmas/birthday presents - there are loads of accessories.

Pluto Sun 07-Nov-10 15:21:05

My DS will 2 in February as well. Have a look at Wow! toys - they do really good, large friction powered vehicles. DS adores them. he also loves his big brother's Brio and the Fisher Price Little people plane. He has recently got some of those Schleich plastic toy animals so I'm thinking about the ELC or FP farm for his birthday as he's getting a Wow! trailer thing for Christmas.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: