Talk

Advanced search

PNP - Personalised message from Santa. Get on the email list now!

(33 Posts)
ThighsWideShitItsAGhost Fri 22-Oct-10 10:53:03

In case this hasn't already been done, link to Portable North Pole

Massive hit in our household last year. It's not available yet, but you can leave your email address at the above link and it will alert you when you can get a message.

If you haven't seen or used PNP before, I urge you to sign up. It will make you cry!

Fryib Fri 22-Oct-10 14:06:01

thanks for the link, my dcs will be 3.5 and 17mths by christmas so will love this!!

tefal Fri 22-Oct-10 14:49:48

Done. thank you

ZENZIZENZIZENZIC Fri 22-Oct-10 16:46:15

Thank you! Chidlets and nephews loved this last year smile

ThighsWideShitItsAGhost Fri 22-Oct-10 19:16:00

Quick bump wink

Eddas Fri 22-Oct-10 19:20:51

My friend did this for her dd last year and I thought it was lovely but missed doing it for my dc, have signed up to be more organised for this year!!

marriedtoagoodun Fri 22-Oct-10 19:24:12

Lovely - thank you for posting. Now would anyone do a spreadsheet with all our friends up-to-date contacts (we are military so everyone keeps bloody moving) please so I can send out Christmas cards early as well - pay you in hugs and tinsel grin

ThighsWideShitItsAGhost Sat 23-Oct-10 21:26:15

another bump

mummycreepynora Sat 23-Oct-10 21:29:04

I did this last year and DD loved it - she will get mega hyper this year! grin

grapeandlemon Sat 23-Oct-10 21:30:27

What is it exactly?

mummycreepynora Sat 23-Oct-10 21:32:46

Its a site you go to - enter your DC's details including some random pertinant info about them, and create a video 'from' santa - where he talks about the stuff you entered... seems real / personal

TigerFeet Sat 23-Oct-10 21:38:00

Thanks for this, I did it the year before last and it was a hit, tried again on Christmas Eve last year but the site kept crashing. Will sign up now.

ThighsWideShitItsAGhost Sat 23-Oct-10 21:55:07

Its fantastic. Very personal as you can upload a picture of your DC and Santa will open a book and it will have the photo in it, and Santa will say what it was your DC asked for (though not as specific as barcode and price, just general description of what they want!!).

Apparently he even says the childs name? Didn't happen on mine, but my cousin said it did on hers. Did anyone else have their DCs name mentioned on the video? Maybe DS has 'one of those names' that the technology doesn't recognise!

sux2bu Sat 23-Oct-10 22:05:21

Thank you for this link - have signed up.
Sounds lovely - never done before (although have had letters from santa). This is no doubt on mumsnet already but we did use Norad last 2 years to track Santa ...DD loved it.

http://www.noradsanta.org/

grapeandlemon Sat 23-Oct-10 22:06:45

Oh how lovely

ThighsWideShitItsAGhost Sat 23-Oct-10 22:37:14

Norad is also fantastic. Thanks for reminding me about that smile

mummycreepynora Sun 24-Oct-10 08:33:54

I have a vague memory of DD's name being mentioned too now you say it!

Rosa Sun 24-Oct-10 08:44:04

What a great idea dd (4.5) was talking about her letter to santa only yesterday ! Thank you !

Rosa Tue 26-Oct-10 09:38:01

YEs I saw the link to the portable North pole and have signed up for an e mail when its active. We will also be tracking santa this year .
Happy Birthday Buch and as for Bacon and formaggio francese ......I am glad you enjoyed it !
LOl at the toilet comments- DD so far is pretty calma about it all but we are getting the giggles when anybody says a bottom related word. Mind you when anybody farts in our house minirosa says ' popples' and starts laughing it really is very funny !
Culture Club - I saw them at the Birmingham NEC years ago and my mother came !!!!!
AM now looking for a furgone to take to Ikea next weekend ( 10 days time ......) Oh the planning !

Rosa Tue 26-Oct-10 09:38:40

Bugger wrong thread !

DreamTeamGirl Tue 26-Oct-10 09:56:08

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DS was 4.8 last Christmas and absolutely blown away by it
Santa did say his name, as it is a very common name- if you pick it from the auto completed fields he can say it otherwise he just says 'hello'

Cant wait to do it again!!!!!!!
Thanks Thighs

Babieseverywhere Wed 27-Oct-10 08:25:42

We loved this last year, definately signing up again. Thanks for the reminder OP

asdx2 Wed 27-Oct-10 08:43:02

Thank you it was dd's highlight in the build up to Xmas.She especially liked Santa telling her teenage brother he'd been bad grin

Fryib Tue 16-Nov-10 14:26:44

bump

pinkmagic1 Wed 01-Dec-10 13:33:53

Bump- did these for my 2 yesterday, its free and even better than last year. You should have seen the look on their faces!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now