Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: The competition is open to all paying delegates of Mumsnet WorkFest event on June 15th 2013. Only one entry per person.
2. Entry Period: The day of the WorkFest event only – June 15th 2013, from 09:00 until 16:00.
3. To enter: During the Entry Period, take your business card design to the Barclays stand at the WorkFest event, BAFTA, Piccadilly, London – between 9am and 4pm. The design must be created by the WorkFest delegate and can be made by hand, computer produced or a combination of both.
4. For the purposes of this promotion, the Winner will be defined as the delegate responsible for creating the winning business card.
5. The entries will be judged by Geoff Ramm who will decide who the Winner is on the day of the event. The Winner and will be announced during the final presentation of the day at around 4:45
6. Prize The Winner will have their company logo and business card designed by Gabrielle Imerson from Public UK design agency free of charge.
7. Further terms & conditions may apply between the prize provider and the Winner, for which Barclays, as the promoter of this competition, will not be liable.
8. Entries will be rejected if they:
a) contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
b) have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;
c) include trademarks, logos, copyrighted material designs or any other third-party owned materials;
d) include the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or similar of any individual taken without their express permission;
e) represent a danger to health and safety;
f) disparage the promoter or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion.
9. Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have submitted ideas and concepts that may be similar to his/her entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
10. All eligible entries will be reviewed by Geoff Ramm and judged according to the following criteria:
d) Fit for purpose for the delegate’s proposed business
e) Technical qualities such as clarity and composition
11. In the event that an Entrant who submitted a winning entry is unreachable or ineligible the Winner shall forfeit their prize and it will be awarded to the next highest placed entrant.
12. Copyright will remain with the Entrant as creator of the artwork. However by entering this competition the Entrant confirms that they have the consent to give Barclays Bank PLC an exclusive worldwide and royalty-free licence to edit or publish the entries on the Barclays website, Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter and other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any payment for up to 2 years. The Prize carries no cash value, is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the Winner. No compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
13. By entering this promotion, the Entrant agrees to be bound by these terms & conditions.
14. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify entries which it considers do not comply with these terms & conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this competition.
15. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
16. No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted.
18. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
19. By entering the promotion, the Entrant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
20. The Promoter of the competition is Barclays Bank PLC. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered in England, No. 1026167. Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.