St Lucia in February
With great weather and beautiful scenery, St Lucia makes a wonderful February getaway. Dip your toes in the Carribean sea, enjoy the friendly community and experience a great resort.
In a nutshell
- Will suit: families of all ages
- Flying time: 7-8 hours
- Time difference: GMT+4 or +5
- Average temperature: 27°C
- Tourist information: St Lucia
How to get there
- Virgin and BA both fly to the Island from London Gatwick.
- If you fly into Hewanorra but your hotel is near George F.L. Charles Airport, it's worth splashing out on a helicopter transfer for a fab 15-minute journey over the island and rainforest.
Where to stay
- Tried and tested by the Mumsnet team is Windjammer Landing Beach Resort, an upbeat and lively resort which balances good service with a personal touch. It's available via BA as a package holiday. Accommodation is either in villas or suites that dot the mountainside, all with sea views, overlooking sandy beaches and about 15 minutes from the nearest resort town.
What to do
- In the resort there are daily activities to keep you busy, including watersports such as sailing, windsurfing, waterskiing and banana boating. It also offers island-based games such as coconut bowling, lizard hunts and crab races. Alternatively, you can just lounge and read while the kids are entertained in the kids club.
- Further afield the island is well worth exploring. There are boat trips to the famous Pitons Mountains, and visits to the rainforest or dolphin watching. Excursions can be pricey though.
- Look into the watersports package if you're keen to water-ski. It's an ideal place to learn as it will save you quite a lot of money.
- Try the Scorpions. They're a St Lucian take on a banana milkshake and they're delicious!
What Mumsnetters say about holidays in St Lucia
- I would recommend hiring a car and getting out and about. Pigeon Island is nice to visit with little ones, there are nice beaches and a good little restaurant with a fabulous view. strandednomore
- St Lucia is a beautiful country and totally child-friendly. mermaidgirl
- I loved St Lucia. Stunning place, lovely people and we were really well looked after. LizaTarbucksAuntie
Last updated: 4 days ago