Local soft play centres
Want to know the best soft play places near you for your children to tear around, have some serious fun and tire themselves out?
Mumsnet Local editors have done the legwork for you. Just click on your nearest site to to see where to go.
10 great soft plays around the country
- Kids' Zone, National Army Museum - London
The Kids' Zone allows the little ones to have a run around whilst discovering army life with arctic and jungle themed soft play. There are also dressing-up areas, arts and crafts zones and interactive toys.
- Jungle Jim's Playland, Sandy - Bedfordshire
This jungle-themed soft play has lots of challenges for children up to 10 years old, plus a separate area for younger ones with climbing, Lego and slides.
- Caterpillars Cafe, The Bentalls Centre - Kingston Upon Thames
Shopping trips with children are far from relaxing, but take a break whilst they run off some steam at the Caterpillars Cafe. Once they're tuckered out, they'll be much better company for your retail therapy.
- Sensory Room - Newcastle Upon Tyne
This sensory room has lots to explore: sparkly fibre optics, glow-in-the-dark toys, music and projected pictures.
- Snakes and Ladders, Brentford - Richmond Upon Thames
This soft play area has a brand new section with Duplo bricks, vintage Tonka toys and a Home Corner with mini-kitchen and dining table.
- Adventure Island, Balham - London
Shark-infested ball pits, buried treasure and pirate planks: there's plenty for the little ones to get excited about at Adventure Island, and weekly story-times too.
- Funtastic Playcentre, Radcliffe - Greater Manchester
With a lovely area for parents to relax and enjoy home-cooked food, this soft play has state-of-the-art play equipment for all ages.
- Action Zone Soft Play, Leven - Fife, Scotland
Action Zone promotes healthy play, with interactive adventures to keep the children running around for hours.
- Candy Kingdom, Bridlington - East Riding of Yorkshire
Here you can combine a soft play day with a visit to John Bull World of Rock sweet factory for a tour and demonstrations.
An interactive play area for children and their parents, Mudlark's Children's Gallery combines play with discovering the history of London's Docklands, and the soft play area has a DLR train to climb on along with lots of other activities.
Visit your Local site
- Kingston Upon Thames
- Richmond Upon Thames
- Tower Hamlets
- Westminster and City
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Greater Manchester: Bolton & Bury
- Greater Manchester: Manchester & Trafford
- Greater Manchester: Stockport & Tameside
- Greater Manchester: Wigan & Salford
- Newcastle and Gateshead
- North & South Tyneside
If you know of any great soft play venues in your area, please share by adding them to your Local site.