Mumsnet - Parenting tips
mumsnet : tips : send a tip
- Very, very important travel tip: do not put 'travel size' toothpaste tube (with distinctive red on white lettering) in the same sponge bag as your thrush cream (with distinctive red on white lettering). Trust me.
- If your pregnant and too hot, soak your feet in a bowl of cold water, not only will it keep your whole body cool, it keeps the swelling in your feet down.
- If your children do get pocket money, give them all your small coins and let them do the adding up to the amount they get. Works well even for kids who don't like numeracy
- When your toddler gets fidgety whilst chaging his/her nappy, get them to point to their nose/eyes/ears/mouth to distract them. It works every time with my fidgety 18 month old.
- When children are revising for exams, feed them lots of snacks, brain-work makes them hungry.
- Use the buggy sun shade in the car, over the carseat for effective cover.
- Paint a ping pong ball and place it in the toilet. Your son can then try to wee into the toilet onto the ping pong ball - it helps stop the wee going on the floor.
- Nail polish remover removes biro marks from pale leather (but do it with a cotton bud)
- If you have trouble getting your toddler to drink water, pour it into an unusual vessel such as plastic stacking 'cups'. My son is so thrilled by this, the water is gone in seconds and he is asking for more.