- Mumsnet Reviews
- More Information
"We live in France and having visited the UK and…"
We live in France and having visited the UK and stayed partly with relations and one or two nights in Travel Lodges in the UK, we had decided to come back via Calais and stay a night in northern France in order to show our ten year old son some of the WWI battlefields and memorials.
Foolishly we assumed a Formule 1 hotel would be similar to a Travel Lodge.
Problems were as follows:-
1. No-one in reception when we arrived so we had to go away and amuse ourselves until quite late in the evening as we couldn't make the automatic payment machine outside work for us either.
2. The hotel appeared to be made in blocks like some kit and was right beside a very busy road. We couldn't open the windows because of the noise and it became extremely stuffy. Therefore very bad night's sleep had by all except ten year old.
3. The bunk bed supplied for our son was at least seven feet off the ground and had not been made. We had to struggle to do this. I don't like heights and my husband has arthritis.
4. There were no towels supplied, except for one very small hand towel in the room.
5. The showers and toilets (advertised as two paces from every room) were in fact about twelve paces away minimum, through doors, and for about 30 rooms there were three toilets and three showers. Not nice. Although, having no towels, how could we use the showers?
6. There was breakfast supplied, but it was in reception which seemed very odd. Basically it was bread, jam and coffee or tea. Not all that cheap either, considering how cheap all the ingredients were.
Would I recommend anyone to stay in a Formule 1 hotel? NO!!!
Would I stay in one again? NO!!!
More expensive than a Travel Lodge, not at all friendly or helpful staff, poor service, horrid rooms etc.
Dreadful experience.Read moreLess
1 person found this review helpful.