- Mumsnet Reviews
- More Information
"Incredibly good value…"
Nothing to fault except minor quibbles.
- hotel is very well furnished, beds are comfortable, plentiful big white towels, hot water always plentiful. Rooms are big. We stayed in a suite with our two children which meant we weren't all sleeping in the same room which was great.
- staff very warm and friendly, nothing too much trouble. All very young but very competent and well trained. A few of the childcare staff seemed a bit disengaged but they were in a minority. On our first day, for example, I thought the beds had been set up wrong and the hotel manager came up and changed them within 15 mins.
- baby listening service was fantastic, involved staff sitting outside our room all evening while we were at dinner. Only 2 different people over the week so children got to know them, which helped
- ski school good, our 5 year old became a competent and confident skier on this holiday while our three year old still has a way to go but enjoyed being part of the whole process with the spritelets club. One very nice touch is that the ski classes, which are led by an esf instructor, are also accompanied by an esprit staff member so the children have an extra pair of helping hands
- resort is very good for beginners and intermediates, acres of blues and manageable reds. Advanced skiers in our group needed to go off piste for a full challenge as there are only a handful of blacks. But plenty of off piste if you want it. Longish transfer from chambery, though - our booking said 75 mins but it was over 2 hours.
- food in hotel very good except for breakfast which is a bit chaotic with not a lot of choice. But fine. Children's food much better than other chalet hotels by just having one main choice which changes each day, and then having extra bread, cheese, ham and vegetables for those who don't like the main dish. Or you can always ask for pasta with tomato sauce.
- hotel is basically ski in and out off the arpette piste, very convenient.
Overall very good value, great experience.Read moreLess
1 person found this review helpful.
"Brilliant hotel, lovely staff, good location…"
We have just returned from this hotel - the jewel in the Esprit Ski crown and had an amazing time. The hotel is located on a path which drops onto a run which leads down to 4 or so lifts so easy access to the pistes! The staff were all lovely - young but so polite and caring. Brilliant childcare staff who just whisked the kids away and kept them going with songs and jokes.
Bar area is good and restaurant was fine - good portions and choices each day. You did have to get down to breakfast before 7.30 to get a table with no wait.
Rooms are very comfortable and modern - flat screen tvs and loads of space.
Pool and spa area was also very luxurious and well used by us!
I am ready to book again here - and we have been to a few Esprit places - this is deffo the best we have been to.Read moreLess
4 people found this review helpful.