- Mumsnet Reviews
- More Information
"Wow - what a line-up! We were there for the…"
Wow - what a line-up! We were there for the Sunday - PRINCE was headlining, and fantastically supported by Tinie Tempah, Imelda May, Eliza Doolittle, Aloe Blacc and many more.
The weather was glorious and everything about this festival is easy:
- the car park is just a short 5-min walk from the entrance gates
- there are plenty of toilets (usually had short queues but moved very quickly so not proper queues iyswim)
- the range of food on offer was very impressive for a small festival - our group sampled delicious burritos and samosas
- there were no queues for any of the bars and there was a wide range of local beer and cider on offer in addition to the usual offerings
- everything was within easy reach - all facilities and other entertainment was very close to the main stage
Only slight issue was that there wasn't much in the way of children's entertainment. There was a kids field with a few tents for art and craft and toys for very small children but the only two things that caught the eye of our two (8 and 6) were the face-painting and the trapeze and both had very long queues. The face painters had closed the queue to prevent people queuing who weren't going to get a go (it was quite near the end of the day) but the trapeze people hadn't cottoned on to this idea so we queued for quite a long time, got near to the front and then they closed it in front of us and about 5 children waiting behind us. Cue tears and indignation! We then found the tent letting you try out circus-type toys and the pick and mix stand, so all was not lost, but more could definitely be done to entertain young ones next time. Luckily ours are really into music and were totally gripped by Tinie Tempah!
Prince was absolutely incredible - he played a real crowd-pleaser set, back-to-back hits, culminating in Purple Rain, with actual purple rain (well, glitter) descending on us at the end. Best gig ever!!
Getting out at the end was fine too - no huge queues to escape from the car park and no slow traffic management system once you're out either.
All in all a great little festival - would highly recommend it.Read moreLess