- Mumsnet Reviews
- Product Information
"This is a great low price travel system from Britax.…"
This is a great low price travel system from Britax. I decided on this one mainly because Britax are car seat manufacturers so I knew my baby would be safe and the seat would fit my car.
I have been using the pushchair for 2 months now and have the following comments:
* The pushchair is nice and sturdy with lovely chunky wheels which I feel gives the feeling of stability and safety. The front swivel wheels are lockable.
* The car seat is very easy to put in and take out of the car.
* The car seat attachment is very easy to fit onto the pushchair and when the seat is attached, it faces you so you can gaze at your lovely new baby.
* The pushchair is suitable from newborn and lies flat, but it does not face you.
* The pushchair has a weather hood with a very handy window flap in it. Unfortunately, there is no way to keep the window flap open, which I found to be a bit of a pain because I like to walk along with the window flap open to keep an eye on my baby.
* The transparent rain cover is very easy to put on. It just slips over the top of the pushchair.
* If you have a long walking stride you may find that you keep kicking the brake bar - very annoying! This means that you have to walk whilst holding the pushchair slightly away from you, which can make pushing the pushchair a bit uncomfortable on your back, depending on your height.
* The handlebar is not adjustable. This would have been a major plus for this pushchair, although at 5'6" I don't find the height of the handlebar uncomfortable. What DOES make it uncomfortable however is the fact that I cannot walk as close to the pushchair without kicking the brake bar, as previously mentioned.
* The shopping basket has plenty of room and the netting around the sides ensures your shopping doesn't fall out.
* A major failing point with this pushchair is folding it. It folds down very easily, but getting it to click into place is tricky as you have to nurse the catches into place, otherwise they just don't click together properly. Once folded, there is no way to pull the pushchair along folded up and no handle to grab it with. I would imagine that this would make this particular pushchair a complete pain for using on public transport as I have had to pick it up two handed to get it into the boot of my car. As my car is parked on grass, this means that if I fold the pushchair on the grass, one end of it will undoubtedly get covered in mud due to the lack of any bar for it to stand on once folded.
* It is quite heavy to lift in and out of car boots and quite big too so check it fits your car before you buy it!
All in all, it's a good pushchair but you might want to have a re-think about buying it if you are going to be folding it up and down a lot or carrying it on public transport.Read moreLess
1 person found this review helpful.