"good, but not perfect…"
Bought the seat because it has flat position.
I've made mistake with our first baby, when the seat we got was only in sitting position.
Concord Rio is very comfortable, nice looking seat, baby loved being in it. Never had to wash any of the liners, because I always put the muslin under baby's head.
The bad points are:
- too heavy
- too bulky
- never used the carry handles, because it's not possible - You need to live in a palace to have very wide corridor to be able to walk with this seat holding it next to You
- never used sitting positions other than flat and slightly up for baby to see what's happining around, because the seat is up to 6 months and that's when most of the babies start to sit
- too expensive to buy new, but I've sold mine for half of the price on ebay.
Would recommend to someone who has a lots of space, so the seat stays in one place or You don't need to move it a lot. Or, get it second hand, so then You pay much less.
Otherwise buy alternative - there are seats for up to 12 months.Read moreLess
1 person found this review helpful.
"Invaluable for the first 4 months…"
I honestly don't know how we would have survived the first 4 months without this. We took it on every visit we made.
- It has 4 positions from lay-flat to bolt-upright and is very easy to adjust with one hand.
- Very sturdy.
- Can be used from birth.
- FAB for a refluxing newborn.
- (naughty) You can easily not bother with the straps in the lowest 2 positions - it already holds them very securely.
- DS took most of his naps in it for the first 3 months and the rocking motion seemed to really sooth him.
- Very comfy - with the insert for a newborn and later without.
- Expensive (we bought 2nd hand).
- The 2 more upright positions don't seem very natural for a baby of any age.
- The straps are a pain to use - you have to feed the large clip through the fabric part each time you put them in/out and frankly neither DS nor I have the patience for that, but you do need those straps in the more upright positions.
- Not very easy to cart about.
In summary - if you can get one cheap then snap it up, but do so at an early age.Read moreLess